VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone watch this? Loving all the 'Rusty Gold' you can still find in the States, including: Vespa-cum-Tuc'Tuc thing, lots old 1960's Hondas and Yamahas, a couple of old Indian V's, more beach cruisers than you can shake a stick at and a yard full of Beetles of different earas. The dudes drive a Merc Sprinter as their work bus but whenever they pull back into the yard, always a nice cream slammed splitty with narrowed beam on steels park out front!

Had a little go at the weekend meself: went to a Vintage Fair with Surf-Wifey; forked out to have her hair and make-up done Hot Rod Girl style, big red lips n' Victory Rolls etc (tell ya what though, worth it....ding-dong).....had a little rummage on the stalls whilst waiting for her Betty Page transformation....mainly traders down from London asking silly money for moth-eaten musty tat though...

...then found a box full of crappy old broken watches; lady said knew nothing about time pieces and selling off her old mums junk. Asking £15 for rubbish bits that would go on ebay for about 99p.....just about to walk away when found my own bit or 'rusty gold', a Tissot Seastar GL buried in the rubbish! 'How about this one?' says I....'£15 too' says she......bit of haggling....got it for £11.00. Tis' a minter too, just found same one on ebay.....£200.00!........

.........walked out with a 'spensive watch one one arm, and a 1940's Varga-esq Pin-Up girl on t'other. Nice!:ILU::):ILU:

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Anyone watch this? Loving all the 'Rusty Gold' you can still find in the States, including: Vespa-cum-Tuc'Tuc thing, lots old 1960's Hondas and Yamahas, a couple of old Indian V's, more beach cruisers than you can shake a stick at and a yard full of Beetles of different earas. The dudes drive a Merc Sprinter as their work bus but whenever they pull back into the yard, always a nice cream slammed splitty with narrowed beam on steels park out front!

Had a little go at the weekend meself: went to a Vintage Fair with Surf-Wifey; forked out to have her hair and make-up done Hot Rod Girl style, big red lips n' Victory Rolls etc (tell ya what though, worth it....ding-dong).....had a little rummage on the stalls whilst waiting for her Betty Page transformation....mainly traders down from London asking silly money for moth-eaten musty tat though...

...then found a box full of crappy old broken watches; lady said knew nothing about time pieces and selling off her old mums junk. Asking £15 for rubbish bits that would go on ebay for about 99p.....just about to walk away when found my own bit or 'rusty gold', a Tissot Seastar GL buried in the rubbish! 'How about this one?' says I....'£15 too' says she......bit of haggling....got it for £11.00. Tis' a minter too, just found same one on ebay.....£200.00!........

.........walked out with a 'spensive watch one one arm, and a 1940's Varga-esq Pin-Up girl on t'other. Nice!:ILU::):ILU:
Update: Also picked up few other watch bits n bobs there inc' a lovely looking chunky old 1960's Seiko Automatic (cos I have an obsession with old Seikos/Orients/Casios/Citizens and the like). This one has an incorrect but beautiful vintage chainmail strap, crown needs looking at and movement was clearly shot so knocked her down and it for pocket money.......so......had a bit of a fiddle and been wearing it all day: tick, tick, tick - running like a charm! Not a big hitter value wise but a bargain for a £fiver!!!:ILU:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts