VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
100% done! Ready to camp in, live in, entertain guests in etc!

Special thanks goes to Chris from http://www.rocksalmonvans.co.uk who helped me get the rear space from a dirty, stripped down ex-AA van to what is now a 100% complete and livable interior! And if i do say so myself a bloomin' stylish one! you can call this awesome fella on 07886681371 or 01626 866548 - he honestly deserves this gushing plugging/recommendation! The best thing about him is he is amped to break conventions and get inventive!

I did the majority of the cab myself which was really rewarding! I sprayed the door cards, had them upholstered, found some suitable speaker grills, stripped out the old flooring, changed the seats and fitted them (ex Saab seats, good condition find on Ebay, honestly the most comfortable seats ever!). Really nice space to be in now!

The vinyl floor in the back i did with my GF, it was a little fiddly but i love the finish and the tiles were on offer at B&Q making it pretty cheap! The cooker was another ace find on Ebay! Got running water and gas working for that baby.

Now to the outside! Aiming for a total respray (i have found just the right blue!!), lowering, alloys and lots of lovely chrome bars to appear on the van this Christmas/New year - depending on how much I can save up! :ILU:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Guys!

Thanks! Yeah the rule is if you have seats in the back you either have NO seat-belts and that is currently legal or you have seat-belts BUT they have to be bolted to a steal structure which in turn must be bolted down through the chassis. I wanted to have seat-belts so it is all bolted through as i just described.

Yeah GG you have a cool layout too, it is good to avoid doing the same old RnR bed layout. This one is 100 times more practical. I am really happy with it!

The top of the doorcards are just sprayed with appropriate plastics paint. The bottom is actually upholstered in vinyl.

:)

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
a real cool job A:A:A:A:A:
can we have some photos of the bed looking to do something like that with mine.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
a real cool job A:A:A:A:A:
can we have some photos of the bed looking to do something like that with mine.
Hi,

There are two photos of the bed in it's down position and the rest are in it's up position - what were you after? Yeah Chris at Rock Salmon can custom make you a bed like this, no waiting lists either, which is the best news!

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
me just been nosey and wonderd what you did for the frame work and liking the idea of the bed down the side means one can have a snooze without having to pull out a r&r bed. been looking at green greko's as well.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
me just been nosey and wonderd what you did for the frame work and liking the idea of the bed down the side means one can have a snooze without having to pull out a r&r bed. been looking at green greko's as well.
I designed mine so i could sleep on it with out having to make up the double bed if there was just me, cheaper than a rock and roll, i guess if you don't want seat belts like phoenix's T:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice job mate! see you finished yours before mine!.. like the chequer plate A:
Thanks man, yeah I really dig it, im getting a blue respray and i think blue and alu make a great contrast, go well together!

How is yours going? :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts