VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right...... i have got a stealth mono amp to run my sub i took the dash speakers out and put some infinity kappa component speakers in the doors. Recently i have put some alpine speakers back in the dash but these now seem to overpower my component speakers, i take it that i have to amp these bad boys but i dunno how to do it.I have an alpine head unit with one output for my sub and thats it. What is the best option? another seperate amp for the components, or another amp to run the components and sub together? i will eventually be sticking some more speakers in the back.
Anyone got any ideas? i am stumped

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
U can run them from the amp and adjust them till the sound right also fade your speakers more to the rear till u get balance
That's what I've done

·
Registered
248 Posts
I don't think there are any speakers installed in the rear yet - what I think is in place are Infinity speakers in the doors and then some 4" Alpines which have been installed later in the dash but it is all a bit unclear. :confused:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think there are any speakers installed in the rear yet - what I think is in place are Infinity speakers in the doors and then some 4" Alpines which have been installed later in the dash but it is all a bit unclear. :confused:
thats bang on mate,infinitys in the door 4" alpines in the dash all running from the headunit,basically when i disconnected the front speakers i ran 2 wires from each side to the crossovers and wired the door speakers from there.i have now wired the 2 alpines from the same wires via connector blocks so its 2 factory wires into the connector block then alpines and doors coming off them,if this makes sense :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Me in getting something right shocker!! ;)

As far as I can tell you are currently getting the full frequency range or whatever range the crossovers are permitting through to both sets of speakers at the minute. What you need to do is get the crossovers working properly so that the lower end frequencies are going to the door speakers and the top end is going to the dash speakers - that should stop the 4" dash speakers over powering the Infinitys then as they will both be dealing with their own separate frequency ranges.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahaaaa :) i see i will have a fiddle about with it and post what happens, cheers mate :)

·
i am t4lwb steve
2,832 Posts
wire door speakers to rear channel of the head unit and the dash speakers on the front channels
remove the phono from head unit play with settings on head unit to sort out fade and turn up loud as possible to point of distortion and back off volume

turn off gain on amp and reconnect phonos and turn up gain to point of over bass and back of the bass

JOB DONE A BALANCED SYSTEMT:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im gonna give it a go, my head unit connection is all in one plug so i dont know how to differentiate between front and rear colour wires :) where are you situated bud, when i swap my amp and stuff i will just bring it down to be done properly :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts