VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
I paid just under £20 for a bearing from GSF. Did one myself, when it came to the other one I asked my local garage & they wanted an hours labour, so shouldn't be too bad.

·
Registered
84 Posts
just had my bearing done today on rear, part was 30.Tried doing ourselves but failed miserably and had to take it to a garage. Suspension arm off to press out was about 90 labour. turns out the coil was broke and had to have a new spring so im about £200 lighter now. gutted, could have had it lowered for same price if id have known!!:confused:

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
most of the quotes I got were in the £250 area for both sides (nobody would do just one side) so I got National tyres to do it (and they take the part next door to the VW dealership to press the new bearings in) for £245, plus about £80 to replace the ball joints which are FUBAR.

it's only money :(

·
Registered
146 Posts
Headlights on my dads T4 were flapping about. I used a long bolt and three extra nuts and some washers to clamp them into place.

They work OK too.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Just did my headlight as it also failed on same thing.
removed the plastic adjuster, put a 6mm nylock on instead, then encapsulated in glass/bodyfiller mix, works a treat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts