VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone can help my 2.5 diesels temp gauge gets up to 90 degrees and just stays there. Wondering if it my be the temp sender but don't know where it is? Also the temp controls in the cab make no dirrerence at to the interior temp. Can anyone help out please?

·
Registered
601 Posts
The temp gauge will stop at 90, that's how vw designed it. It will go higher if a fault develops

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
601 Posts
What year of van? The temp in the cab is controlled via a valve in front of the bulkhead rhs if a late t4

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
333 Posts
If there was a fault with the coolant temp sensor you'd get different readings and the van idle wouldn't settle perfectly, sporadically going over 1k rpm. Worth remembering as they've failed on a few vans but it's an easy cheap fix if it does go.

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,099 Posts
Just wondering if anyone can help my 2.5 diesels temp gauge gets up to 90 degrees and just stays there. Wondering if it my be the temp sender but don't know where it is? Also the temp controls in the cab make no dirrerence at to the interior temp. Can anyone help out please?
As mentioned, 90 degrees is the "normal" and it just stays there.
Interior Temp ... just in case this is what you were meaning ... on most T4s (those that are not Caravelles or Multivans generally), the centre vents are not temp controlled at all, just the side vents, so if that is the problem, it is normal again. (annoying, but normal)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts