VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This thread isnt meant to replace or even meant to come close to how useful Penbryn's wiring guide is. It is simply a write up of the notes i made whilst converting my van from 1.9TD to AHU and documents where to plug in all the stray plugs and what i had leftover. The purpose of documenting this is for two reasons

1. To minimise the number of people in the future asking where some of their stray connectors go. Ive seen the same few crop up in a couple of threads.

2. To provide people a with a checklist to use whilst they fit their TDI looms. For piece of mind i found it useful to tick off each plug as i went.

Plugs that will be remaining that enter the cab

No code has to be inserted here.

Left over plugs in T4 cab after fitting TDi loom (some of these may or may not of been used prior to TDi conversion.)

The majority of these are leftover connections from the loom associated with relay 137 (computer) that was removed in van engine loom.

Engine connector plugs in engine bay

Plugs down offside section of TDi loom

Plugs along firewall section of TDI loom

Plugs along nearside section of TDi loom

*Alternator field coil plug is situated above starter in golf. If you are using the original 1.9td t4 clocks with a rev counter you need to connect the second wire that runs from the W connector on the alternator and run this to 12 of connector G1. I cut this entire section out of the van loom and soldered the blue wire to the blue wire in the TDi loom.

**Starter solenoid plug may need to be chopped and replaced with a heavy spade connector, i had to do this on my conversion.

Plugs that are part of the looming still attached to the engine that you will have unplugged in removing the engine

*** This is the connector that connects down the back of the block on the gearbox. It has been mentioned on here that some have had to extend this wire but my AHU loom reached easily as it was part of the loom connected to the engine. In penbryns guide this plug is part of the TDi loom and would fall in the nearside section and would need to be extended to reach.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Re: Andy's TDi conversion wiring notes

great 'plain english' guide to the wiring - well done.

## jimmy this needs to be stickied to the other tdi threads ##

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Andy's TDi conversion wiring notes

thanks bud, was just sorting through all my receipts/paperwork and notes and thought it may be useful to some to document this, gives a little back to the TDi info section too as all ive done is take to get the info i needed.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi all I'm sat in my van as I type this ready to just give up on this wiring:* so any way do I use the golf fues book or my one what do I un plug and plug in.

Sorry about this as I'm flying blind at the mo. to cut a long story short I paid someone to do the job for me and two months later only the engine and gear box has been fitted. So now I have my van back but non of the wires have been labeled up and I'm at the point of giving up as I really don't have a clue. HSY:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,i'm in the middle of alot of head scratching at the mo!i've an audi a4 afn engine and wiring loom and nothing matches up with the t4 fusebox connections,i've joined all the wires that match up with the t4 plugs and some of them have more than two of the same colour wires,which I guess could all be joined together?if anyone has any advice or a pinout diagram for the two plug afn ecu it would be mucho greato appreciated!!! Pleeeaaaase! Thanks stengun.

·
Registered
230 Posts
ANyone tell me where the coolant level sensor plugs into on the back of the fusebox? Forgot to label it when pulling everything out of the van. :confused:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts