VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had van for just over a month now & it has an annoying noise that sounds like the floor is knocking. Even just pulling away from traffic lights.

Can someone tell me if the ply should be one whole piece? I think mine is more than one & maybe the joins are making the noise? I also think that the floor has no underlay & has been riveted!

I am assuming that this will be a total nightmare to take up & replace??????

Already replaced bottom roller on sliding door & had door checked for alignment. :bhd

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
mmm, tricky one locating a noise, get a mate in the back to have a listen, may also be exhaust? get under van, when stationary:eek: and have a listen when engine is running, make sure you are on ramp, good luck:D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx 4 your reply Isobelle. Tried all of that! - noise definately coming from area above step near front seat - no noise when idle. I can feel a 'knock' vibration with my bear foot. The floor is the last thing I can think of & I'm fed up of having the music loud so I can't hear it! lol hsy:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi
Only came to the conclusion that it must be the floor today. I think I will have to remove carpet/floor & lay a new piece of plywood? Might as well insulate while I'm at it!!:eek:

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
if you are 100% confident, go for it, there are threads on here that give great ideas on this type of project, and to help save some money, you could ask other members if they ave any materials going free, left overs, goin cheep? :ILU: good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts