VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm replacing a few bits on the front end, including the anti roll bar bushes. On the parts website, there's the split bush which goes on the ends and a solid circular bush, which I assume goes somewhere nearer the centre of the van.

The parts website don't have the solid bush in stock and VW seem not to detail it (comes with the a/r bar...?).

My question is, do these ever get replaced and if so, does this entail pulling off the a/r bar completely?

Cheers

·
Registered
330 Posts
Split bushes are fairly easy to do in-situ, don't know anything about the solid one?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Solid bush is probably in the roll bar link that slides over the end and mounts to wishbone
I agree, unless you want to polybush its easier to simply change droplinks with bushes already in place.

could be the steering rack bushes though?

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
Hi

I'm replacing a few bits on the front end, including the anti roll bar bushes. On the parts website, there's the split bush which goes on the ends and a solid circular bush, which I assume goes somewhere nearer the centre of the van.

The parts website don't have the solid bush in stock and VW seem not to detail it (comes with the a/r bar...?).

My question is, do these ever get replaced and if so, does this entail pulling off the a/r bar completely?

Cheers
Front (23mm) ARB has two main mounting bushes ................ often overlooked and very worth replacing.

You need also to replace the upper and lower drop link bushes; remember most of the 'complete' drop links you see advertised on auction type websites are of poor quality, so I would just re-bush the originals. 27mm bar has different drop links T:T::D

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Front (23mm) ARB has two main mounting bushes ................ often overlooked and very worth replacing.

You need also to replace the upper and lower drop link bushes; remember most of the 'complete' drop links you see advertised on auction type websites are of poor quality, so I would just re-bush the originals. 27mm bar has different drop links T:T::D
I see where I'm getting confused. The website was offering both the complete links and the drop link bushes. I thought those bushes went somewhere further along the a/r bar, but of course they don't. Sorted.

I know you, quite rightly, prefer to replace bushes and not the whole units (which I did for the lower suspension arm bushes), but I have bought Lemforder drop links from a reputable site and will see how I go. I'll keep the originals and worst comes to the worst I'll drop them in again with new bushes.

I saw the state my garage man was in after going 15 rounds with the suspension arm bushes and it's sort of put me off playing around with them...

Cheers!

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
I see where I'm getting confused. The website was offering both the complete links and the drop link bushes. I thought those bushes went somewhere further along the a/r bar, but of course they don't. Sorted.

I know you, quite rightly, prefer to replace bushes and not the whole units (which I did for the lower suspension arm bushes), but I have bought Lemforder drop links from a reputable site and will see how I go. I'll keep the originals and worst comes to the worst I'll drop them in again with new bushes.

I saw the state my garage man was in after going 15 rounds with the suspension arm bushes and it's sort of put me off playing around with them...

Cheers!
You can replace the drop link bushes whilst hopping on one leg and drinking a cup of tea ;) LOL:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts