VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2ltr petrol AAC 1995.

Had an oil leak last month, oil pressure switch at the top of engine block just went and subsequently lost all the oil from it. Had it replaced and fine.

l have been keeping an eye on oil level since, as you do.

Noticed it was still loosing oil? removed engine undertray and checked around oil filter as it was covered in fresh oil.

There seems to be an oil leak somewhere here, around the oil cooler, difficult to pin point, as gravity pulls everything down.

Can anyone suggest obvious places the leak can come from, is it linked to my earlier leak from another oil pressure switch?

l have order following parts an will fit to eliminate:

oil pressure switch - located on filter bracket
filter bracket gasket

any other ideas guys?

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
The "o" ring between the oil cooler (just above the filter) and mount goes rock hard, I have just replaced mine also the gasket between the bracket and the block.

There was a thread recently about this

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers for the threads, have also ordered o sealing ring that fits between the oil cooler and filter brackets.

will do an oil and filter change while there, getting all the stuff from TPS in Cardiff, have been very useful recently.

TPS are very good, all parts OE VW, so fit and forget, no worries about poor quality and fit, only a few pennies more, but worth it for peace of mind :ILU:

heads up for the advise?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.