VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Bav wagon

After selling my T4 6 months ago due to running costs and having to drive a long way to work and driving a boring MK4 golf 2.0 hatchback since, decided I needed another van in my life.. so went and bought a vw caddy. But since i couldnt afford one of the nicer mk3 ones i went and bought a clean mk2 tdi example, got quite alot of plans for her but got to say am well chuffed so far :D

Got tons of character just like the old t4, and being the 1.9tdi and having a good quality quality tuning box (apparently 113bhp now) it goes like an absolute rocket, quicker than the golf and does 48+ mpg (with .216 nozzles and a remap 170 bhp is easily possible...) Planning on putting some sort of bed in it like in the picture below, lowering the front on coilies and having the rear axle flipped, got some 16 inch ronal alloys that am planning on painting baby blue.. hopefully its going to be an eye catcher just like the t4

I know the mk3 caddys are pretty popular on here (and rightly so) but thought id put my mk2 on because for me it still has the t4 character, alot of the practicality, but costs alot less to run, and are alot lot less to buy. (this one cost just over 2k) Will start a build thread soon

Im too retarded to use photoshop but heres what i hope it will look like once i get me wheels painted and fitted!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fair play fella. Really tempted by one of these or a pick up version. Looks like you got a nice one there!
Cheers mate The pickups are ok, but have the skoda felicia interior and you cant get a tdi version, so would go for the van!

·
Registered
543 Posts
i remember renting a seat version a few yrs ago when someone smashed in the back of our work van. great little van.... dunno if i'd swap my t4 though.... be good to see the end result on this one.
A:

·
Registered
859 Posts
I love all caddys from the mk1 to the new facelift model, it looks like youve found a nice clean van in a good colour T:

I'll look forward to watching your build thread mate.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
After getting my wheels back from being blasted, got some etch primer on them and then gave a coat in ford olympic blue, need to save up for tyres and also to have the axle flipped but offered the wheels up to the van where i think they will roughly sit once its been lowered and must say i am pretty pleased.

not everyones cup of tea but i thin its made an 80 quid set of wheels look a hell of alot more T:

Really am loving this van now, consistently does 48mpg driving pretty hard at times and its so much fun to drive, 3000rpm is sitting at 85 and can keep up with most cars on the road, (till you get to a corner LOL:) but that will be sorted once shes lowered 120mm with the axle flip, had an astra 2.0 turbo sri 168bhp for a week from work and the van didnt feel slow at all afterwards T:

The wheels are Ibiza MK2 cupras, 16 inch et 38 the only bad thing is they are 6J so may have to invest in some spacers at some point, I dont want too much tuck, but for 80 notes I cant complain too much

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing this project as i almost bought one myself recently. We have a V reg caddy in work thats been sat for a year doing nothing. Only got 85k on the clock too but i have too many projects on the go. One of my workmates is tempted though so i might help him do it up. Any idea how easy it is to flip the rear axle?
Btw.. nice rimsT:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm looking forward to seeing this project as i almost bought one myself recently. We have a V reg caddy in work thats been sat for a year doing nothing. Only got 85k on the clock too but i have too many projects on the go. One of my workmates is tempted though so i might help him do it up. Any idea how easy it is to flip the rear axle?
Btw.. nice rimsT:
I think its pretty easy there is plenty of info on vwcaddy.com but it requires a bit of welding which i cant do :( so going to have to pay someone to do it, hopefully can get it all done before easter weekend when she first goes camping T:

If its a tdi you should buy it you wont regret it! T: i like this just as much as my t4 its just alot cheaper!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I should be the proud owner of a TDi 9K Caddy, but I got gazumped at the 11th hour :mad: :bhd.

I'm still on the lookout for one at the right price.......
Think i have seen you on vwcaddy.com? will be worth the wait, i saw a few that were silly prices on the net but there are bargains to be had T:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So after being sent to work in australia for 3 months i decided to try and get the van sorted as soon as I got back.

She is now fitted with vmaxx coilovers and koni sport yellow shock absorbers and some love or hate ronal seat ibiza wheels that i resprayed in baby blue shod with yokahama tyres, this thing seriously handles well it sticks to the road like glue, and unlike the t4 doesnt crash or bounce through potholes and undulations, its smoooth. With the axle flip its pretty low, going to wind the front down a bit more when i get chance.

Got a small issue of the mudflaps scraping but aw well :cool:

Done a few small things like spray the front badge and also the badges on the mudflaps to match.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Decided that blue wheels were a bit gay and driving 500 miles a week a bit difficult to keep clean so quickly redid them metallic graphite

need to get rid of the seat badges though!

Need to get around to sorting out the back, although its quite nice to have a bare van I can throw bikes in without worrying about keeping the carpet clean etc!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Few updates to the van..

Purchased a very shiny set of porsche 993 cup wheels, 16's, 7J front 9J rear. They dont look too wide because even with spacers the rears are et40, but means I can full load the van with no rubbing T:

Also fitted a seat ibiza front splitter which makes it look a bit meaner... The future of this van looks a bit uncertain since I may be moving to Aus in March, its either ship it over there or look for another t4 once I am there T:

Sorry about the photos, messing around with the iphone HDR i think it makes them look worse than normal!

·
Registered
140 Posts
It looks great. T:

I had an Inca, then moved to the Caddy, then the T4, love all three, I'm toying with the idea of getting another Caddy for me, sell the wife's car and she use the T4, she prefers the T4 to her car any way, win, win situation as they say. I:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts