VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After several T2s in the 70s 80s and early 90s, I have now returned to the fold with a T5 LWB 2.5 130 6 seater window van. The rationale is, as the kids have flown, we could return to our old life of camping and surfing around sundry European venues. We set out with a simple set of requirements, I wanted:
LWB so it could take a 9ft 6in board, on the flat, inside.
6 seats so we could take the extended family to the Alps for skiing holidays.
The wife stipulated:
Air Con
Anything but white
So we now have, after about a year of looking, a 57 plate 46k miles Off Road Grey van.
Intentions are to fit out very simply using the guidance of some wise Forum members e.g. if it doesn’t have 2 uses don’t fit it etc. Leisure battery is first fit, then rear speakers and lighting, insulation, carpeting and a simple bed.
The issues so far (and yes the van is a month outside of warranty):
Turbo control valve
Exhaust sensor, the little yellow light!
OS Drive shaft
Elect windows
Leaking kombi windows.
It is just as well I had read about these beforehand, otherwise serious depression would have set in. However, notwithstanding these irritations, it is great to be back in a van and I can add another to the list of old guys trying to look young in T5s in the South West.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Loved the simplicity of the air coolers but not the lack of mpg or heating. I shall miss always having a clear road ahead though

·
Registered
585 Posts
Welcome to the darkside, is dark but hey the sun always shines in devon right LOL:T:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts