VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi W:.
As you may be aware, I've managed to source a hydraulics set up off the bay, the only problem being that it is in Dunmow, Essex (B), and i'm near Croyde, North Devon (A). :eek:

Does anyone happen to be heading up in my general direction from around Essex? (its a bit of a long shot, I know!), perhaps we could play a big game of pass the parcel (just without any unwrapping going on??) LOL:

I'm more than happy to cover fuel cost's / beer expenses (with in reason, if any ones driving a 2.8L petrol please don't bother replying, it will work out more expensive than a courier! :D)

(I hoped that picture might of persuaded you!)

Maybe if someone from Essex or Cambridge could take it to Reading, then someone from Reading to Bristol etc, then I can collect from there (you get the idea).

Otherwise I may have to make the 5 and a half hour trip all by myself. :GL

Your help really is appreciated. Thanks
Jak

·
Registered
2007 T5 2.5TDi Kombi 130bhp in Shadow Blue
1,708 Posts
alrite mate got your PM,

The problem is, if i collected them, you'd never get them. they'd end up fitted to my van instead Rasp:

How soon do you need them?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha Ha, Cheers Tom, but I think I may of sorted this. A nice fella on VZi happens to be travelling from Cambridge to Somerset tonight with an empty van. Just trying to get through to the seller now. Thanks for the offer though, if it falls through i'll let you know.
T:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you looked into what it would cost to use a carrier like DHL. I use them all the time and most parcels are about £10 - £15.

Cheaper than giving someone petrol money??
Hi mate, Yep, tried getting a few quotes but the kit weighs a tonne. With 6 leisure batteries etc. One batteries heavy enough but 6. :eek:

Hopefully this is sorted. T:

·
Registered
652 Posts
Hey Jak, I'm coming down your way tonight... from Poole, so could have done a Somerset to Braunton leg... not sure I've got enough space left in the van though... if you run into trouble let me know!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts