VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, apologies in advance if the answer is already out there, I have an L200 intercooler waiting to go on my 1.9td abl, I am going to attempt the project myself after looking at a couple of threads. But can anyone tell me what does this pipe I have highlighted do? and what to do with it once the top section is removed? thanks for your answers in advance T:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi everyone, apologies in advance if the answer is already out there, I have an L200 intercooler waiting to go on my 1.9td abl, I am going to attempt the project myself after looking at a couple of threads. But can anyone tell me what does this pipe I have highlighted do? and what to do with it once the top section is removed? thanks for your answers in advance T:

Follow the pipe down to the break servo pipe then cut and wind a bolt into the end T:

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Has anyone taken the gold pipe off at the point before the ribbed section therefore taking the pipe out of the equation?
You can completely remove that pipe (from the exhaust manifold, on the right) & the EGR valve (that its fitted to on the inlet manifold) as long as you blank the remaining holes. If you go that far then you might as well remove the EGR valve as well.
Obviously the cheaper option is to get a blanking plate from eBay (or make your own - not hard)
There should be plenty of photos on the net if not here showing this

Rich.

·
Registered
489 Posts
You mean the pipe from manifold to the egr with the little ribbed bit, i blanked mine off get blanking plates for a couple of quid

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow thanks for your replies guys, its a massive help, ibaneztom thanks for the photo! :) , think Im going to pluck the courage up to tackle it at weekend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts