VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished installing the swivel base. Clunked into place eventually onto the 8 bolts. On the rear right hand side of the swivel base the two swivel plates don't seem to sandwich the middle glide plate as well as the other sides too. Even when the hand turn bolts are turned right down there is still a gap of 1mm between the glide plate and the upper swivel plate. When not tight the gap is 2mm. Is this correct ? I thought there would need to be no gap to make this base secure and safe. I'm concerned in case my top plate may be warped slightly? I must point out I haven't fitted the actual seat yet as the base is being powder coated. Will the weight if the seat correct this anomaly?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it will weight down but also the swivel base dramatically frees up after a good few rotations.
Thanks for that Geoff. I thought that may be the case. I'm glad it will free up. It has been a nightmare trying to shift it round without the weight of the seat on top and nothing to grab hold of to help turn it.

Out of interest how tight do you keep the hand bolts ? Is it tight until you cant turn no more or simply until it sits ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts