VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I've finally got my Eibach lowering springs through and am looking forward to getting them fitted. I figured changing the shocks at the same time made sense, both as I'm not sure of the age/condition of the exisiting shocks, and to get the best out of the new springs.

I'd pretty much settled on spending the money on the Sachs Super Touring HDs as most who've fittem them seem very pleased with, and probably will still go for them, but came across these on Ebay and wondered if anybody had any experience of them?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330657972782?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Apparently uprated, shortened, and seem to be cheap enough for four shocks at that price. Is it too good to be true? Anybody with good/bad experiences on these?

Many thanks in advance.

Steve G

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate- I was expecting to hear that in a 'get what you pay for' kinda way, so nice to have that confirmed. T: Buy cheap, but twice and all that...

I best get those Sachs sorted then!

Cheers, SG

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just ordered the Sachs HDs from Wanapart- very impressed with the presales and ordering process. Should be here Monday/Tuesday so I'm looking forward to getting these on the van with the Eibach springs and seeing what difference I get, both in terms of stance and driving experience...

Happy days!

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Colese is spot on (as usual) the Sachs HD supers are fantastic.

Paired ours with the Eibachs and the ride is fantastic. Buy right, buy once. T:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks SlimJim, that's good to have confirmed...

Ordered the Sachs with Wanapart on Friday- was told that they should be with me by close of play Tuesday, but there was a possibility it could be Monday. As it turned out, they arrived at my work address before 1000hrs today (so the Monday, then) which was good service in itself.

I'll add my own feedback to the Sachs/Eibach combination once they're in, but at present I'm expecting great thing!

Cheers, SG

·
Registered
644 Posts
How low can the sachs go?

My van has been lowered approx 85mm and I need some new shocks at the rear pretty badly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts