VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My 2002 multivan, petrol engine AVT does not want to start. It began with a rough idle, weak engine (probably running on only 4 cylinders) After I checked distributor and cap it wont start.

Since then I have checked:
Spark present on all plugs
Ign. coil and transformer working in another car
As sparkplugs get wet with many startattempts i think there is enough petrol coming through
Cleaning and checking on the air sensor in intake and also the throttle (Not stuck)

and so some questions:
Is there a crankshaft sensor on this engine and where is it located?
Which firing order is it ? same as the old AAF engine 1-2-4-5-3 ?

Any help appreciated.. as I wait for my new workshop manual.

/Andreas

·
Registered
682 Posts
If after you took off your distributor cap it suddenly stopped working, you might off put the cables back together wrong. It is 1-2-4-5-3.

It might be letting moisture in now. Silicon spray is good for sealing up all your spark system after it gets a good drying out. Turn the engine over with the spark plugs removed. This will clear the flood and also let you check your injectors working.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply! Firing order checked and found OK, have yet to "clear the flood" but I hate fixing with the car outside when it rains... If Im lucky a friend will stop by and read errorcodes via the OBD.

Does the simos management system sense vacuum somewhere?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, at last I found where I made the error... I actually put the cables in the "correct" firing order if the engine was running "the other way around".I:I:

Now corrected and the bus is starting. Back to original problem... It wont run on all cylinders... ie cylinder no 2 doesnot ignite.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

reading of DTC´s was helpful, there were 3 stored faults...

Misfire in cylinder no 2
Malfunction on fuel injector cylinder no 2
Poor performance from catalytic converter

So I guess i will shop for a new injector.

/Andreas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts