VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry again guys but I've tried searching for this but couldn't find anything :*
What's the best materials to use to replace the headlining in the back of the van?? I want to also fit new lights etc to it!!! T:
Cheers again ajay :ILU:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I used megavanmats headlining. Mine was black and I like the contrast with the grey strips but I see they have grey on the website and a new one similar to the VW apparently. I found megavan products universally excellent when I did my van. Decide on whether you want extra lights in your roof while your trimming it. The headlining has a scrim backing making it soft to the touch. It will stitck to your panels, but before doing so, look at your panel surface carefully as if its been dented, the headling can/ will follow the dents and show as a less smooth area still, so if they are in poor condition, might be worth replacing for a top job.

http://www.megavanmats.com/headlining.htm

Ed

·
Registered
123 Posts
Also forget to mention, some people have covered there headling boards with a vinyl pebble beach effect lining, which is wipe clean and can look good too. Think its marketed as a big table cloth.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I got the mega van mats head lining. Its cheep, very easy to stick on looks factory fitted. One thing is go lighter than your carpet for a contrast but also to lighten your interior. Ive got the medium grey carpet and same colour of head lining and its a bit on the dark side. I would like to have gone for the same colour as the front cab lining colour to lighten things up inside.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts