VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
Just about to start on my TDi convertion.
I'm starting with a 2.4 aab engine and bought a doner golf with a AHU lump.
Any usefull hints and tips would be great as this conversion requires a bit more work than when you start with an 1.9.

Hoping to put some pics up later,But i've got sort out some room in my garage first.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Good luck mate, I'm afraid I can't offer any advice but will be watching with interest. Looking out for all the pointers I can get for when I start mine. If you need a hand at any point I may be able to join you for a day.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Good luck, I've amassed the bits for my 2.4 to TDI conversion, now trying to find somewhere to do it, think my drive may be a no go with weather etc

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Good luck, I've amassed the bits for my 2.4 to TDI conversion, now trying to find somewhere to do it, think my drive may be a no go with weather etc
I have got to do on my drive, Garage just is'nt big enough.
Have you got all the abl parts or are you using doner parts plus modifications?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
They good but you can't delete the error codes.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I would save your money for now though as you may need it elsewhere. There is always something forgotten when doing the conversion.

Pm me for my number if u fancy a tdi chat.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just been doing the wiring today.
I have a wire missing from G2, its the green one in pin number 1 does anybody know what this does? is it needed?

Looking at the gearboxes today the T4 one looks like its not going to line up with my AHU lump.
Can anyone put my mind to rest and tell me it will fit. Before i swap the fith gear.

Gearbox codes are:- golf ASD18 047 37 0689
Caravelle T4 CHS09063 14 1

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Can anybody help me on these Q's above please.
Just had a look at the loom I have hanging in the garage waiting for me to fit and the wire is actually green/black and goes all the way back to the engine multiplug pin 17 (if I could read at v small print). So assume it is to one of the sensors in that area. Check what is in your multiplug. Seems strange that it is not there; did the donor car run fine without it in which case dont worry.

Re gearboxes as far as I know gearboxes on the 1.9 and 2.4 are basically the same the only one that I think is different is the box from 2.5 102bhp version. So provided your van is/was a 1.9 or 2.4 should be fine. If it was a 2.5 88bhp then dont know why you would be doing a tdi conversionLOL:

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just had a look at the loom I have hanging in the garage waiting for me to fit and the wire is actually green/black and goes all the way back to the engine multiplug pin 17 (if I could read at v small print). So assume it is to one of the sensors in that area. Check what is in your multiplug. Seems strange that it is not there; did the donor car run fine without it in which case dont worry.

Re gearboxes as far as I know gearboxes on the 1.9 and 2.4 are basically the same the only one that I think is different is the box from 2.5 102bhp version. So provided your van is/was a 1.9 or 2.4 should be fine. If it was a 2.5 88bhp then dont know why you would be doing a tdi conversionLOL:
Yes car ran fine i drove it about 100 miles home,
Gearbox bolt holes just look like they won't line up, It's probably me just looking for problems:(

Thanks for your reply budT:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts