VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 105 Posts

·
Yellow van man
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
Finished my curtain fitting today so here are a few pics of the offside side window.
Coverage with tie back. Looks tidy but cinches in at the middle which might put some off.

Without tie back. Nice and square but looks unfinished. I prefer to use the tie backs.

Light level in daylight. I don't think blackout curtains are necessary. I shut myself in with the curtains all closed and it was dark enough I would be able to sleep in comfortably. I have had a chance to take a look in from the outside in the dark with the internal lights on. You can see in enough to make out some detail so if you like sitting in the back naked with the lights on and someone sticks their face up to the window they might get a little peek.

·
Yellow van man
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Also fitted a cab divider curtain. I was more unsure of this as the rail can't go from one side to the other without there being a gap next to the sliding door which you can see below. I ran the rail about about 30mm back from the head lining strip.

I screwed the tie back to the plastic on the inside of the pillar and did the same on drivers side.

Used a small strip of velcro on the curtain and plastic trim just under the coat hook.

Which resulted in the curtain running nice and tight round the contours to close the gap.

·
Yellow van man
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Have been off work this week so got around to some little jobs. Fitted some storage in the sliding door and a back quarter panel. Not much clearance on the sliding door so might relocate that storage net.

Got inspired to build my own bench seat bed from some of the work I have seen on the site. Cost over £100 in wood and ironmongery but all my own work. Haven't decided how to finish boxing it in yet. Might go for carpeted panels or something painted or in formica. Don't know yet. You can probably just make out my fridge up at the end behind the driver seat. Quite snug but still enough space for the seat to come back a bit.

It opens out into a platform 180 x 105cm which is plenty big enough for me. Storage space underneath is pretty good

Once this is finished off I need to start thinking about a kitchen pod for the nearside. Not seen one around so might need something custom built.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Once again nice job, I have seen a nice bumper ready for paint this week......T: Mine is booked in for a few jobs thanks for the heads up on Tansells.A:

·
Registered
868 Posts
yes mate, spoke to Si who showed me around and got a price for the work I want done. They seem really busy but he has got mine in to do over a couple of weeks as and when they can fit it in. No problem though as I am off work for 2 weeks T:

·
Yellow van man
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Si is a good lad. The VW van side of the business is something he has started and I think he will do well from it. Not much competition in the area really and Dirtyweekender is more focused on the conversion side of things. I'm looking forward to seeing the work they have done on my bits.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Si is a good lad. The VW van side of the business is something he has started and I think he will do well from it. Not much competition in the area really and Dirtyweekender is more focused on the conversion side of things. I'm looking forward to seeing the work they have done on my bits.
Yes mate, get some pics up when done and I will do likewise. :)

·
Yellow van man
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Second try at this update the last attempt seems to have failed. Anyway, been fairly bust this weekend working on my bench bed and fridge enclosure. Was quoted £125 for a fridge enclosure by a conversion company, did this for Less than £20. Need to think about whether to use paint or fablon to finish off the bare MDF but for now this will do.

·
Yellow van man
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Got a few more bits done. Colour coded bumper is on and fitted the tailgate spoiler this weekend. Added a few stickers for interest and a pressed steel number plate. Going for a few black bits to break up the yellow hence the spoiler and plastics under the lights all in black. Front bumper is waiting to go on but needs a wiring loom for the fogs to be fitted first. Grill is black as are the corner and fog inserts and lip spoiler. Looks nice even though it is sitting in the back of the van.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Looks good - liking the black sections under the lights, nice to see a different look T:

what about spraying the badge black and painting the gaps/recesses in it yellow? just a thought

·
Registered
410 Posts
Second try at this update the last attempt seems to have failed. Anyway, been fairly bust this weekend working on my bench bed and fridge enclosure. Was quoted £125 for a fridge enclosure by a conversion company, did this for Less than £20. Need to think about whether to use paint or fablon to finish off the bare MDF but for now this will do.
Ive used some Dulux satin paint on the mdf in my van, applied with a foam roller, looks superb. Fablon is easily damaged and is a pig on the corners - ive used a bit on the sides of my kitchen unit as it was originally a white B&Q kitchen unit with walnut doors so fablon'd the sides to match the doors.

Gary

·
Registered
868 Posts
Got a few more bits done. Colour coded bumper is on and fitted the tailgate spoiler this weekend. Added a few stickers for interest and a pressed steel number plate. Going for a few black bits to break up the yellow hence the spoiler and plastics under the lights all in black. Front bumper is waiting to go on but needs a wiring loom for the fogs to be fitted first. Grill is black as are the corner and fog inserts and lip spoiler. Looks nice even though it is sitting in the back of the van.

Looking good mate. T:

·
Yellow van man
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Had Upspex round on Friday to install hook up and finish the fog light loom so the caravelle bumper has been fitted. I managed to scratch it up while I had it in storage so that will need sorting at a future date but in the meantime here she is. Black painted lip spoiler and bumper inserts. Seeing them on I am thinking about getting the fog inserts done again in yellow.

41 - 60 of 105 Posts