VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I've recently joined the forum and posted in the introductions section but was looking for some buying advice from the local folks. I don't have a van as yet but seriously looking and want to get something soon. The aim is to eventually get sorted with a camper set up to use for regular trips around the UK and further afield when the opportunity comes up, as well as everyday use when needed. I often get away touring Europe etc by motorbike too so I'm used to the miles and feeling of adventure that you get with road trips.

Anyhow I'm looking about online but the whole thing is a bit of a minefield to say the least, different models and options etc! I don't mind investing in a van and spending cash to get it the way I want but would like to try and get it right from the start rather than just jumping in. I was hoping that some of you would be able to point me in the right direction as to where best to look? I'm hoping to get to some of the meets and get some ideas there too.

I've seen a fair few companies that seem to offer 'ready made' vans of different specs completely set up and ready to go. What's the general feeling about these, a worthwhile (but more expensive option) or is it better to source your own van and go from scatch?

Any advice really appreciated.....:)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts