VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did i read on here the other day about a van but the seller was in scotland due to work commitments??

im in "talks" with a person called john working in dundee over a van he has for sale

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Don't part with your hard earned money until you physically see the van, log book, mot, service history etc... Check VIN number from V5 against that on the van, and get someone who knows what they are looking for to check it over first. You can get a check done off your smart phone for about £3. Let you know if it's got any outstanding finance or been in an accident.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
he is claiming to use ebay buyer protection program.

its a scam,i had my suspicions when i put the thread up,he wont let me view the van untill its delivered to me and i have started payment procedures,this is how it goes

- you give me your full name and shipping address
- I start the transaction with the eBay,
- they send further payment instructions,
- you have to pay for the item to eBay to secure the funds,
- they confirm me that they received the funds,
- I deliver the van,
- you receive the van,
- they send me the money.

he is using the van pics of the baby blue t4 on create a camper.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
See these here scams:- can we, as a group, string them along and generally waste their time?

Someone took my hotmail account and asked for money to be sent as I had been mugged in Barcelona. I created another email account and then had the surreal experience of a lengthy correspondence with myself.

Where are you old friend? How much money do you need? Fake Western Union chits, complete with slightly torn and illegible last number are available. I even got threatened and told myself to come round my gaffe and say that.

Lets start to hassle these scammers selling Vans and Velles.

Oh I'm so interested in your camper. Can I view it? I'm near you, can I come over? Questions, questions.

·
Registered
915 Posts
There is a website that people do string these scammers along but I forget the name. It's very funny reading through a few of them.

Can anyone remember the site?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if i was unscrupulous and had a few ebay accounts i would,is create a camper on here does anyone know?

·
Registered
892 Posts
there are buyers scamming sellers too. I've had some guy agree to buy my van even though he's not seen it ("I'm not in town right now"). If I just tell him where his shippers can collect it he will paypal me the money.

Hmm , aye right!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts