VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys is any one on this forum in to computer games or have kids that are my oldest wants a playstation 3 i must admit i liked playing it :).so who likes the playstation 3 or the xbox or non at all T:

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
hi guys is any one on this forum in to computer games or have kids that are my oldest wants a playstation 3 i must admit i liked playing it :).so who likes the playstation 3 or the xbox or non at all T:
I've got a PS3 & a few choice games. The last one I bought was Skyrim. If you get it, say goodbye to 3 months of your life. It is the biggest game I have ever played & one of the most satisfying.
The Blu-ray player is very good too. It has wifi built in & you can even watch bbc iplayer (plus others) through it.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Yeah I'm into ps3 also, it really is a great bit of kit! The bluray player is really very good, as are countless other features and services it has on the crossbar menu. So many games to pick from, FIFA, n4s, cod medal of honour etc etc, buy one, you won't look back T:

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got a PS3 & a few choice games. The last one I bought was Skyrim. If you get it, say goodbye to 3 months of your life. It is the biggest game I have ever played & one of the most satisfying.
The Blu-ray player is very good too. It has wifi built in & you can even watch bbc iplayer (plus others) through it.
ok mate ill have a look at this skyrim

·
Registered
289 Posts
I would say either is good. I have an Xbox 360 - we use it mostly for netflix but the kids play it everyday. Very good for downloading demos and to be honest most the games the kids play are demos. But agree with everyone else, Xbox live is about £50 a year and I that's where the PS3 may win. Plus ps3 has blueray and Xbox just has a DVD drive.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
There is also 2 versions of the PS3 out. 1 with a small SSD of 12gb or a standard hdd of 500gb. The price of them both is 180 quid for the 12gb one & 250 quid for the 500gb one. I do not know which one I'd go for if I was buying now.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
yep i went from xbox to ps3.. xbox was brill with halo, but i must admit ive become a call of duty fan.. black ops 2 is out now. also with the ps3 you dont have to pay to play onlineT:T:. but dont think you can go wrong with either system

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have both, the Xbox hardly gets used. I don't want to pay extra to play multiplayer in games that I already forked out a load of money for, and it is so incredibly noisy that it totally distracts from whatever is playing. Plus the new dashboard is almost completely made up of adverts.

The PS3 isn't flawless by any means though, Sony have a terrible way of forcing patches and updates on you, sometimes forcing you to sit and watch a black updating screen for an hour or so while a game patches. Plus the Sony network falls over a lot.

That said, I still prefer my PS3, and when GTA V comes out in March I'll get it for the PS3.

Be aware that the next XBOX and Playstations are sitting in the wings though. It's late in the game to be jumping on board, next summer will be full of talk of the 8th generation consoles (Wii U is the first of those and it's out now but way way overpriced) and it is expected that the Sony and Microsoft ones will be out by next Christmas.

If nothing else, by next summer the Xbox and PS3 will be much cheaper.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Been gaming since the heady days of zx81s! (if you can call that gaming!) LOL:play Xbox myself and love it! The fact that all my mates have Xbox rather than ps3 is the main reason I have one, can play online with them. Guess it depends what console your kids friends have and if they want to play online with them? There's definitely a huuuuge choice of great games out there! I've already pre ordered my copy of GTA V!:D currently its all about Black Ops 2! don't mind paying the £40 for live as there's never been any problems with it. Happy gaming whatever you choose!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I have got a PS4 for my kids, they are very much addicted on playing games. Although I, myself, like playing video games in computer & mobile phones since my childhood, but I feel my kids are addicted to it. I dont know if I have made a mistake by giving them a PS 4 or not. I would like to suggest that, please dont let your children be addicted with it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts