VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the one hand, I read that it is fairly simple DIY job to lower your van, on the other I read stories of complications...

So, currently considering just getting it into a garage somewhere to lower it for me...

Anyone in the Hertfordshire area know of a place in the vicinity that can carry this work out?

Ta!

Rich

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
Any good garage should be able to do it for you. Can't imagine they should charge more than an hours labour, as thats how long it took me to do mine on the driveway!

Give it ago yourself, if you get really stuck then go for help. Much more satisfying doing it yourself. Anyway good luckT:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks *Matt*, £60 seems like a deal to me.... I am also a mechanical numpty... plus
I've got two small kids at the moment that kind of gives my spare time a different focus.

(I converted the rest of my van when I had way more time on my hands!)

Next decision is how low and which springs and shocks - currently trawling through the posts in the rest of the forum to gain an insight...

Currently thinking 60mm, and I won't replace the shocks...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
id advise the t4srus 60mm springs
im running them with original shocks van drives fine
I've seen a lot of positive post about the T4srus springs, so that may be the purchase... not really seen any negatives!

BTW, how do i get to see pics of YOUR van? I saw a thread where someone was saying they'd seen pics and complementing you on it....but being a noob, I've not worked out how to search for your pics yet!!

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
I've seen a lot of positive post about the T4srus springs, so that may be the purchase... not really seen any negatives!

BTW, how do i get to see pics of YOUR van? I saw a thread where someone was saying they'd seen pics and complementing you on it....but being a noob, I've not worked out how to search for your pics yet!!
Sorry rich but it's the same old Answer im afraid you need to upgrade to Full membership to veiw members profiles I: It's only a Tenner see here on how to http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1810 you dont have to however your still welcome as a Guest :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, I knew it was coming... am a bit too intrigued by the technical forums - few things I want to do that I think are buried in there...

So, that's me done... paid up subscription... now off to see what other goodies i can find! T:

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Thanks *Matt*, £60 seems like a deal to me.... I am also a mechanical numpty... plus
I've got two small kids at the moment that kind of gives my spare time a different focus.

(I converted the rest of my van when I had way more time on my hands!)

Next decision is how low and which springs and shocks - currently trawling through the posts in the rest of the forum to gain an insight...

Currently thinking 60mm, and I won't replace the shocks...
Your welcome :)

I dropped mine -50mm with AVO springs and it drives just fine with a Canons forge bed in the back. If you have a full conversion maybe better getting a more heavyweight spring.

Good luck T:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts