VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, Hope one of you can help

Firstly apologies for the non T4/5 content.

I currently have a VW Caddy Maxi Life people carrier (which I am guessing is a Caddy maxi van with seven seats and some posh trim) as a daily family drive. Next month we are off to the French Alps in it for our annual skiing holiday, there are 7 of us and plenty of luggage so I need to sort out a set of roof bars so I can use my roof box and ski rack.

My family cars are all on a short term lease thru work and I have to swap them every 6 months, so years ago I bought a set of Thule aluminium aero bars and just I know just buy the feet/clamps each trip to suit the car I have at the time.

Unfortunately this time round Thule don't seem to have a set listed for the Caddy Maxi Life on their website, but they do have them for the Caddy maxi van. I can't believe that the pressed form of the roof panel and the structure/stiffening frame underneath it is different between the two vehicles. I have emailed and phoned various roof-rack suppliers and they all say the same "nothing listed for the Caddy Maxi Life” and none will confirm if the Van kits will fit.

I have attached some photos of the Maxi life's roof and the attachment points where the feet of the roof bars will fit.

Can any caddy van owners confirm if their roof looks the same and if they have roof bars, what they have used to attach them?

For info the foot pack listed for the std maxi van is - 753 and you need a 3022 fitting kit

Thanks

Phil

·
BMW? You gotta be serious!
13,223 Posts
I'll have a look at the maxi vans and life we have in the yard tomorrow, as far as I know they're the same but I'll double check for you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks the same as my Maxi panel van. I'd be bloody surprised if the roof looked the same but was actually different! Don't have a roof rack to confirm this, but visually the roof is identical!

Hope thats of some help!

Ant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts