VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having moved to a new area I've now set up again now as a limited company.

My previous company was with the Co-op through the FSB which is free banking. The co-op themselves have been OK but their systems e.g phone banking and internet banking are unreliable, don't work properly and to be honest having worked in IT for the past 4years or so, I don't think they are even that secure!!!!!!

That in mind I now think I'll go for one of the bigger (less ethical) banks,

They all seem to be offering 18months - 2years free business banking.

I'm thinking maybe Barclays or Natwest but am not sure on either.

Something I ideally need is merchant services including a mobile PDQ terminal. My father had one with natwest streamline which I used for my previous company and he paid me via cheque, but now he is retiring he is going to close his merchant account and send his terminal back as it is rented. Does anyone know the likelyhood of banks letting me have my own merchant account?

Any advice greatly appreciated,

Cheers

Tom

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
What do you want a bank for you never got any money. Rasp:

·
Registered
153 Posts
alliance and leicester have done me ok,its all verry easy and hassle free they r very secure ie they check any thing that is out of the norm and its free!

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
the major banks are as bad as each other, wont give you money when you need it, then offering you more when you dont, no faith in them myself

Tom did'nt know they had PDQ machines in taxis

good luck though

·
Registered
920 Posts
My Limited Company, believe it or not, Barclays have been absolutley spot on for me, phone bankings great and my account manager is a Legend!!!!!

Downside - You do have those stupid pin machines to access online banking!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I use Abbey...and its free business banking for life...

their internet banking is easy, and has never failed...i dont ever use telephone banking, so cant comment on that.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Natwest are good, you get insurance cover and personal manager, good security and loads of Branches. They are better than too or three others I have been with over the years.R:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm with Lloyds for business & personal- business they are great- very personable & the business manager really does try to help- personal banking- absolute rubbish.

·
Registered
979 Posts
We have two business accounts, HSBC which is the cheapest for the PDQ, but expensive for other charges.
And one with Alliance and Leicester which is cheap as chips, but not for a PDQ.

As you are now limited I can't see why you can't get a merchant account, I presume you have books/accounts?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
go for co-op, it is an ethical company, most banks have glitches, talk to them firstly to resolve problems, other non ethical big banks investments do not help others, they just give fat cats big payouts:mw

·
Registered
428 Posts
when ive made some money to put in a bank ill let you no.is there anyone out there that whants to pay for labourLOL:LOL:LOL:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts