VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just fitted van-x curtains and just wondering if av done something wrong :* they stick a wee bit on the tracks,it seems like a few of the wee plastic bits that go into the tracks are binding/sticking,av noticed a few wee bits of fine plastic wire sticking out so dont know if thats the problem but al check in the morning.i've seen these in other vans and they opened and closed really smoothly T: (thats why i got them) anybody got any tips on how to fine tune them :* , cheers

·
Registered
236 Posts
Vasaline in the runners mate worked a treat on mine mate. You might have em to stretched apart?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
al try a wee bit of vasaline on tracks,dont think you can over stretch them cause they fit in the window recess, cheers

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Some of the round bits that run in the track had spikey bits sticking out which stuck in the tracks
on mine. I snipped them of before fitting with a pair of fine scissors ( the sort the wife keeps I:).

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I had a similar problem but noticed that the little plastic buttons had clearly not been moulded very cleanly and had little bits of plastic sticking out. So I took them back out and filed the little bits off with an emery board (nail file to you fellahs).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts