VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been to Porthmadog as were thinking of going there in june for a break for 4 or 5 days, it looks really nice and scenic on internet pics, as anyone been here?

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
yes,if you want to know anything though ask aj conversions,aka andycapandy,he`s always there kiteboarding,
its great.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
what do you wanna know, i live 20 mins away.

porthmadog is an Ok town, not a lot there with regards to shops but your close to outdoor rock climbing, amazing beach, good cafe's, good campsite practically on the beach and your 10 mins away from snowdon.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what do you wanna know, i live 20 mins away.

porthmadog is an Ok town, not a lot there with regards to shops but your close to outdoor rock climbing, amazing beach, good cafe's, good campsite practically on the beach and your 10 mins away from snowdon.
Just want to have a nice relaxing break with some nice scenery with our gert and our 6 year old.

Or was thinking prestatyn, that is closer to home and as got shopping in chester for the wife and the zoo for my son pretty close

I do like the look of the scenery around porthmadog though :*

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Prestatyn - no
Morfa Bychan - Black rocksands campsite oh hell yeah!

If you're heading over the right side of the Pennines, you may as well carry on a bit! Plus you're close to the hills for an awesome drive. Suggest coming off the A55 and follow signs for Betws-y-Coed then head towards Capel Curig then Beddegellert then onto Porthmadog/Morfa Bychan or even on to Abersoch.

·
Registered
224 Posts
you can drive on the beach at black rock sands,bedgerlert is really nice then i would head for abersoch and aberdaron,on the way back go to a tiny village called rhiw which not many people know of until now lol and see great views.

·
Registered
585 Posts
If you come down the 55, come off at jnc 16 and stop off for a coffee T:

·
Premium Member
2,544 Posts
you can drive on the beach at black rock sands,bedgerlert is really nice then i would head for abersoch and aberdaron,on the way back go to a tiny village called rhiw which not many people know of until now lol and see great views.
And look over the sound to Bardsey island.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I really miss going up into north Wales, we were up on Anglesea most weekends.

Do a bit of a tour, lots of lovely scenery all over, just drive nice and steady and take it all in. We used to go up the A55 but much prefer the slower and more scenic A5.

You'll love it.

oh - and lots of mad Welsh people driving T4s and 5's waving like nut bars - look you isnt it I:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts