VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically does anyone own a T4/T5 and own a bay window or a splitty? Interested to see if anyone uses an old VW as their camper and the newer one as a daily/work van or even if anyone has two campers??

Reason being is the other half loves the old bay windows and I think would take to camping better in in rater than in the back of T4 which has a quick and very cheap conversion in it. its a bit of a lads van too on the outside and plan on not changing this haha. So any responses very welcome and appreciated - pics would be awesome if you have your two vans together :)

Cheers in advance
Alex

·
Registered
286 Posts
My wife has owned her '72 Westy for 20 years, she's just had the one , while I've had an '80 T25 ( never again), '64 split, 94 T4 and now my '02 T4.
Her westy is the best for camping in bar none. OK it's slower, uses more fuel and it's low resistance to tin worm is a pain but it's gone bucketloads of character which unfortunately the T4 will never have
She'll never get rid of it ( unless she can find a good Jurgens Autovilla ;) )
The T4's the daily and the bay is kept for holidays and weekends out :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I,ve got a 72 bay and had it about 10yrs ,wouldn't,t get rid of it but don,t want to use it as a daily so collect my lwb t5 hopefully tomorrow T:,
Can,t see why you can,t have 2 !!

·
Super Moderator
9,192 Posts
1972 dormobile d4/2 :D all original and no major welding.. Not a show vehicle bit an original used vehicle that been in the family from new. It awful to drive compared to the t5 but it turns more heads

·
Registered
563 Posts
We have a couple of couples in the club with both.

Dave & Becky have 2 splits which ones a show van, ones a camper for the kids and that pulls a puck for them to sleep in. The T5 caravelle is just a daily driver, load lugger that hasnt seen a show yet.

Rich and Sue use a bay and a T4 to sleep them and the two kids in. T4 used as a daily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts