VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Anyone else got 2 rear window demister buttons?
They both light up when pressed, the one on the left definately works the rear window. Unsure what the one on the right does. Guessing it's retro fitted for something else but it doesn't seen to effect anything? Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Got fancy mirrors in the van?

Failing that, pop it out and see what's connected behind.

Make sure you take appropriate precautions if digging around with wiring mind. If like mine, there could be plenty of dodgy DIY stuff behind the dash!

U

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive got electric mirrors. i was wondering if they were heated, but i guessed the symbol on the button would have been different.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
standard heaterd mirrors are on with the rear de mister. could have been heated seats?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it has a up n over tailgate.
the normal switch only lights up with the ignition on, the one on the right lights up without ignition.
and it looks like the symbol has been scratched off a little. so im guessin its for something else. heated seats possibly...
think its gonna be a case of removing the switch and following the wires.
seems this van, ive only had it a week, has some serious security on it. theres house type alarm semsors in the back and a black box recorder under the dash. might be something to do with all that stuff.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
whered you get it from?

once had a survalence van from social services, it was well wierd, had all insulation and blacked out windows, and an electric night heater type thing that ran on a leasure battery, could be that?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Someone hasn't wired the glow plugs to it or something silly have they?, I recon it's been put in there for another purpose, such as the previous suggestions.

I have a Barn doors with heater rear windows and heated electric mirrors and they are all done off the same switch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts