VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone out there has fitted 3 car seats up front, dont like the double bench seat so was thinking about fitting 3 seperate seats, wondered if been done as not lot room...(pics also)

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
The Fiat Multipla has three seats up front. The middle one was smaller, I think, and set back a little.

Suppose all three don't have to be the same and the middle could be for occasional/child use.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I think you'd struggle with the width - hence the bench seat being the size it is. With the handbrake and gearstick being where they are, I'd think you'd have difficulty. What might be worth considering would be reupholstering the bench seat - makes a world of difference! And there's at least one chap on the forum who does some excellent work (look up Superstich) T:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
REcovering seats sounds so expensive...Thought it would be tight for space, but sounds like a challenge to me...:)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am in the middle of the same project. I fitted Alfa seats in place of bench and drivers. I then used the frame from the original bench and cut it down (narrowed) to fill space. Have all frame together now need to get it re-trimmed. A bit of messing and welding but it can be done. Will post some pics when I get it sorted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts