VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
First post for a while, have been sidetracked from van activities by other things.
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had tried fitting a tail lift to a T4? I need to lift miscellaneous bits and pieces into and out of the van, stuff like photocopiers, machinery etc, but doing it manually is wrecking my back.
I reckon the best solution would be something like a Slim Jim tail lift, but wondered if anyone had had this kind of problem and ended up finding a better solution?

I'd be grateful for any ideas at all really.
Cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
dont know if it would be any use to you or not but have you seen the pallet trucks that you can manually pull pallets around with? they do high lift ones that go upto about 800mm I know that it would be a pain in the to carry around all the time but maybe a better option if its only for occassional use?

Like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CLARKE-HIGH-LIFT-PALLET-TRUCK-1-5-TON-770-1500Kg-NARROW-/200362492999?pt=UK_Lifting_Moving_Equipment&hash=item2ea6890447

possibly not the cheapest thing in the world but maybe cheaper than a tail lift? Sorry its not a aswer to you question but just a thought!;)

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
hi try lookin on the bay for a ricon lift like the ones used for wheelchairs, or just use a portaramp, depends on the wheight you lifting, but there was on on ebay that had been used to lift solid fuel stoves :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts