VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Check it out on eBay!

Fitted an eber this weekend and the exhaust is not long enough to reach outside.

Obvious fumes issues so thought about one of these to finish it off through the wall of the wan.

Any one else done this???

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
are you really sure you want to be fitting it that way ?
where is your combustion air coming from - inside the van ?
what happens when you've run out of oxygen in the van ? or have you got a PERMANENT air vent correctly sized
apart from being very noisy its potentually leathal
please read up on the approved ways of fitting these heaters in a van

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are you really sure you want to be fitting it that way ?
where is your combustion air coming from - inside the van ?
what happens when you've run out of oxygen in the van ? or have you got a PERMANENT air vent correctly sized
apart from being very noisy its potentually leathal
please read up on the approved ways of fitting these heaters in a van
Thanks for your concerns b1Toots.

I did lots of reading before fitting the eber. I even went as far as buying a brand new kit, to be sure it was "safe".

The heater is floor mounted with both air intake and exhaust going through the floor.

My current exhaust pipe that was supplied with the kit is sadly not long enough to reach the outer section of the van, therefore I was thinking of extending this pipe and having a nice, smart looking exhaust exit mounted on the lower side of the van behind the rear wheels.

As king.module states I could just buy another meter of pipe in 24mm and this would have a similar result but without the "bling" .

So I take it the answer to my original question is no... :*

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
I was a bit worried!

you could use an exhaust silencer to connect the 2 lengths of exhaust pipe
makes for a much quieter heater especially for the neighbours

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No worries pal, I appreciate your concerns.

I have fitted a silencer, and will as you suggest connect the 1m pipe onto the back of this.

I also used exhaust goo on all the seals as I didn't trust the clamps to seal in the gases.

I'm surprised this isn't included in the kit too...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also fitted a switchable y piece on the heat outlet pipe so I can channel a bit into the garage to dry wet coats. T:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts