VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..... for that more modern T5 appearance?

I've fitted lots of windows and suddenly thought today why not fit them without the outside trim? No issue of leaking if done properly of course.
I just offered one up without the trim and it looks so much nicer, more modern.

Just thinking out loud really but anyone have any comments, firstglass in particular would welcome yours?

I will post a pic later.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Seen a window with no trim round the glass at a show this year .
I think you get a better look without the trim round the glass so go for it bud :ILU:

·
Registered
450 Posts
My mate did it last week and it looks/works fine. I personally think it's better 'with trim' but he says it's better 'without trim' ... horses for courses I guess.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mine are fitted without the trim
Have you or anyone else got an idea of the cost you're looking at with trim-less windows?
I'm wanting to do the sliding door panel & the panel opposite but haven't asked around yet.

Cheers :cheers

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Ultimate Transporters in Birmingham £290 the pair, fitted with or without outer trim. T:

Mine are without and am happy with them - tested in appalling rain on way back from T4 Fest - no leaks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ultimate Transporters in Birmingham £290 the pair, fitted with or without outer trim. T:

Mine are without and am happy with them - tested in appalling rain on way back from T4 Fest - no leaks
Cheers :cheers

·
Registered
882 Posts

same as - absolutely no problems with mine either, also in some monsoon conditions!

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
There you go, bit dark but you get the idea, haven't done side rear windows as they would look odd with the original sliding windows on front. Just had a barn door trim missing when I bought it so took the cheap option and removed the other one.
It won't leak as the windows are bonded in, the trims are just trims T:.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Were you able to pull the trims out fitted then...one of my verticle trims has done the usual explosion of ally goo and swollen up ugly..:(

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Were you able to pull the trims out fitted then...one of my verticle trims has done the usual explosion of ally goo and swollen up ugly..:(
Nah, I cut all the windows out when resprayed the van, they may come out with the window in place but you'd have to be really careful, glass don't like to bend.
Also, if it's a barn door van the pillars in the middle will show without the trims on, if you're windows are tinted you'll need to paint the pillars or use the 'blackout vinyl'.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Hi guys

our T4 as the single tail gate rear door does that mean i could remove the outer rubber trim on that?? i do think it gives a clean dare i say euro look,,,also any chance of seeing the side bonded windons T:t4worldT: without the rubber trim cant wait to see it,,,T:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts