VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking I'm too old and sensible for the 'blade and am comtemplating a change of bike next year.

I fancy something a little different and really like the look of the Buell XB12SX. Does anyone on here have one....or ridden one?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess you mean love 'em or hate 'em? Well, I've never ridden a vee twin so I guess it's time to think about booking a test ride!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Had loads of twins and multies, tripples aswell.

Keep flitting between them to be honest but the reliability and delivery of a jap 4 keeps drawing me back.

CBR1000RR streetfighter is my daily ride at the moment.

I saw a new Duke' Hypermotard last night that may sway me back to a twin though. Yum, yum .. :D

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Bud, what about a V-Rod, nice riding position for us oldies, did'nt fancy one myself till i sat on one, what you really need though is a nice Heritage or Fatboy..............

·
Super Moderator
9,236 Posts
if you got false teeth or fillings glue them in before riding a buell.:D

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've got a Lightning XB9S City X, I love it, It isn't for everyone, but I love the torque and it always puts a smile on my face!

Might be of interest to you but buell do an experience day at various tracks around the country where you get to test the whole range, I got travel to Castle coombe, fed watered and thrashed some nice bikes round a track all for 99 quid, even got some professional photos for free. Well worth it.
http://www.buellperformanceacademy.co.uk/events.aspx

Matt

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Thinking I'm too old and sensible for the 'blade and am comtemplating a change of bike next year.

I fancy something a little different and really like the look of the Buell XB12SX. Does anyone on here have one....or ridden one?

You need to have a chat with Spence on here, he has just got a buell in the last few weeks, might have trouble getting hold of him at the moment as he has just got married!!

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
if your used to riding a 4 then just be aware a v twin will be very different to ride. dont expect to be able to back off in a corner and it tuck in. coz it wont. LOL:

·
Registered
503 Posts
if your used to riding a 4 then just be aware a v twin will be very different to ride. dont expect to be able to back off in a corner and it tuck in. coz it wont. LOL:
As Rocketron says they are totally different to a 4 cyl but so much fun. I haven't had a bike for a few years and bought myself the XB12S last week, took it out for a blast at the weekend and totally loved it.

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Engine breaking is the thing that catches people out on Vtwins, you will need to get used to blipping the throttle on down changes or they can lock the back wheel up. I have an SV650N and a Firestorm and they are both awesome, the firestorm engine breaking isnt as bad as the SV which will easilly lock the back wheel up on downchanges. Whats the engine breaking like on the Buell?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts