VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so which f45s awning are you using?
I urgently need to buy an awning for a lwb t5 and will need to get the full privacy awning soon afterwards. Every supplier I ask has a different answer as to which awning I need.
I have been told I can only have a silver one model no : 06291R01T F45 S 3.00 UK - VW T5 Multivan/Transporter - Long lWB *

I can't see the difference between this one and the black cased one that would stop me adding a privacy room.

Any help welcome :*

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
On the Fiammastore website they list the 3m awning for the Transporter in Silver or Black.

I have 2.8m Fiamma F46 S in silver on my SWB and am looking for used Privacy room. As far as I am aware the front just feeds into the channel on the front & the sides fit on by using a click system which is a telescopic aluminium beam that fits to the front & ace of the canopy & attaches to the fabric.

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
The awning situation is a minefield.
Fiamma and omnistore do awnings. Both do brackets to attach to a multi rail or roof prep, but neither work well with pop tops without some modification. The T5 specific fiamma comes with brackets that are designed to work with no reimo rail but roof prep. If you have a pop top you cant have roof prep and you therefore need to mod these brackets unless you have no pop top and roof prep.
Then vw make brakets for the cali rail and an omnistore, but they are made for the wrong side and need to be modified to fit uk side.
As you can see its a nightmare, and usually involves a bit of tweaking.
We have mostly fitted fiamma with a modified bracket onto a reimo multirail.

What is you roof set up. Ie pop top or not. Reimo multirail or other?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi. No pop top or reimo rail. Going to use the new fixings that just sit in roof Chanel. I have been told that the privacy room will not fit the black cased awning but I cannot see why:*:*

1 - 4 of 4 Posts