VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as it says im looking for my first surf board and have been told to buy an 8 to 9.5 ft long board to firstly to learn on and secondly take my 15st......

dont wanna spend a fortune as im on a major budget......and it may be a fadI:

or where to look for a second hand one.....there are a few on ebay but not sure what im looking at....

cheers guys!:ILU:

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
If you've never surfed before, I'd suggest you HIRE a board - as even fairly scabby secondhand boards - especially longboards - hold their value very well.

Hiring a board also means you can try a few different ones and find a board that suits you........

·
Registered
276 Posts
hiring is a good suggestion, also a lot of places will let you try before you buy
my brother tried before he bought for about 3 months most weekends I:

·
Registered
132 Posts
The garage in Newgale hires out boards, they are usually softboards, these have lots of volume and will get you standing quickly. If you want to have a go a little closer to home try these http://www.porthcawlsurf.co.uk/ really helpful guys n girls who hire boards and they give a good surf report every day. The surf schools at rest bay and Llangeneth are a good way to start.

One last tip - dont hide your keys underneath your van before you go in - the scum of the earth are watching and its a long walk home in a wet wetsuit

Hope you enjoy it -

·
Registered
295 Posts
If your in South Wales go and see Roger Cooper. He makes custom surfboards and I'm sure he has a few second hand ones knocking about. My sister has an 8ft Mini Mal. Its an amazing board so easy to surf! Just google him I dont think he's far from you.

·
Registered
295 Posts
this is his address :

Unit11
Brunel Industrial Estate
Cwmafan, Port Talbot
SA12 9DB

:)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I have a nice 7'6 mini mal that I could sell. Comes in a good Rhino bag too. I'll get a pic up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts