VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone who i know thinks this is wierd,but i dont :)

I have 55 pairs of adidas superstar trainers and growing, all boxed,all different. i have a compulsion to buy them.Dunno if it stems from wanting some when i was little and not being able to have them.I literally have to stop myself buying every pair i see, so most of them are rare ones that i will never wear or sell:confused:
my lads think its pretty cool,and my mrs,but everyone else thinks i have an illness,i have some mates with 100 pairs +.Only superstars tho,no other trainers.

·
jabby fingered, worn nubbed, ginger ninja
12,080 Posts
I like it buddyT:

I love them trainers, but I can never resist wearing them:D

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
I thought I was Just me ! A: A:

I have 44 pairs at the moment :D

But I think I may have taken it a stage further ? I only buy the Superstar II and I only buy my size even when I know that they are rare and I'll never wear them LOL:

And I know exactly what you mean about it being an illness, I'm fairly sure is a form of OCD for me. I once saw a nice pair in a shop while staying down in London for the weekend. Decided not to buy them as I wasnt that flush. But then after leaving the shop, for the next 3 hours felt stressed and irritable, ended up going back and buying them and all was well :eek:

I'm getting better now, and I even managed to sell 10 pairs last year !!!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ha ha yeah im the same mate, i only buy em in my size ,im going through a vintage phase at the minute:) i have drawn the line at buying the top secrets as you cant find em for less than a grand :) what size shoe are you mate ? Sell any more and gimme first dibs :) My puppy chewed up my Boxed Ian Browns ,wounded:(.yeah it is deffo an addiction.I have done it too mate left a shop gone back and bought them while inside my head was screaming noooooooo.

here is a pair on ebay atm http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Adidas-35th-Anniversary-TOP-SECRET-SUPERSTAR-UK8-/190498497041?pt=UK_Clothing_Menswear_MensShoes_GL&hash=item2c5a986211

·
Registered
701 Posts
I have several weird hobbies but I suspect the top one is morris dancing. I know I'm not the only one on here too!!

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
I must say, I love animals but if my dog chewed up my Ian Browns he would be on a way way ticket to the RSPCA pound !! :D

I bought two pairs of the Ian Browns, as I knew I couldn't resist wearing them, and the Underworld ones too.
I wouldnt pay the premium for the Top Secrets either. I know I'm insane, and that stops me, but anyone that buys those isn't aware of their "issues" :D

I'm a size 7 (which can make buying rare stuff quite difficult as UK8 is the size they use for samples and tests I think?)

Even have steel toecapped versions for work !

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mate your work shoes are sweet :) did you get someone to toe them for you ?
i wish i could find another pair of browns,cant see any under 200 notes i love the underworlds,i managed to pick up a apair of lightside yodas for 95 and some crocs and dark blue snakeskin vins off a guy in sweden for 60 each :) I am a size 11.5 so i cant pilfer your collection :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Reading your first post i assumed you were a girl as they like lots of shoes but trainers must mean your a butch lesbian... especially as you mention your Mrs... nothing wrong with girls collecting shoes, it's completely normal but if you were a bloke i'd have to say you were either gay or retarded.

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
I'm not gay but I do sometimes help them out when they're busy.

I've been told I'm retarded many times, but I don't have a certificate or anything.

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
I'm fairly sure is a form of OCD for me
i have OC/DC

it's like OCD.......................... but it ROCKS!!! :ILU::D

i have about 6 pairs of "wearable" trainees................but atm none of them Adidas. :eek:
for a scouser. that must be a record no? :*

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice :)i got some DMC,s aswell im gonna get some of the make your own adidas its just i cant decide on the colours.Decisions decisions.
And as for being a butch lezza you couldnt get any more butch as i am a 6 feet 5 shaven headed thai boxer :) plusi got 3 kids....retarded? .....maybe :)

·
Registered
558 Posts
Reading your first post i assumed you were a girl as they like lots of shoes but trainers must mean your a butch lesbian... especially as you mention your Mrs... nothing wrong with girls collecting shoes, it's completely normal but if you were a bloke i'd have to say you were either gay or retarded.
:eek:LOL:male:male:

·
Registered
130 Posts
This thread is clearly going nowhere as I dont think anyone can compete with grown men collecting one particular brand of trainers. And in such numbers. And more than one of you.

It has redefined my outlook on the World.

But I thank you. I have bookmarked this for the next time my wife (or anyone) accuses me of having strange interests.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I spend a lot of my time trying to convince my paranoid girlfriend that she has not got a stalker. Well she is not really my girlfriend yet.

·
Registered
558 Posts
its not that strange:confused:

i also collect
kites ,
plastic record bags,
50p pieces with diff pics on,
80`s bmx`s
records
studio gear
woolly hats,
retro tracksuits
puma,
t-shirts
rave flyers
:rolleyes:

and now t4 stuff,

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Not sure it's classed as a hobby...........................I've collected the phrase " eat my shorts" in a number of languages..............

1 - 20 of 30 Posts