VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have any problems getting onto ferry with lowerd van , i no they are all diffrent etc just wondering if anyone has big problems thats made it inpossible.

just thinking of taking van somewhere with me well if a can be arsed to drive

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
My van at the time was -60mm with bodykit- speed bumps had to be done with caution

the ferry guys were great- I approached at an angle with one wheel then full lock opposite way.

My mates all have 60-85 drop- none of them had probs

I think unless it is silly low with splitter etc- you should be ok

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
got anywere special in mind paul ?

i fancy a month or so in portugal and surounding areas always wanted to do it :ILU:

andy

ps mine 50-60 drop not sure wich but no probs on ferry,s at all

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
andy just thinking about trip over to germany , long drag though last time went i was shagged .

dover to callies drive down to germany then just over to denmark border think its just over 600km from getting of boat .

not set in stone as of yet but had a very good offer I:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Hey Paul SS
I use ferry's almost every weekend to go surfing- from the big island ferry's that go to Islay/ Uist etc & smaller river crossing type (wife works for the Ferry Company here on west coast so i travel for FREEE :DRasp: )
My van lowered with steel sidebars- can hardly get my foot underneath but never had a prob- even at lowest tides when ramps are at more of an angle.
Just take it REEAAALLL slow! T:T:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts