VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out this little 5 minute movie I put together, didn't use any music as they are getting hot on copyright on youtube lately. What do you think?

Ian. :D

·
Banned
1,450 Posts
I used to have a BMW, had to get rid as I just kept the back end out.
Would of loved a hit at some proper drifting with plenty of power.

Would the 430bhp T25 I saw last weekend do the trick........

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
just go buy a 200quid ****ter and abuse it best way to learn .

i just stopped doing it as nissan s14 gearboxs just couldnt take the abuse of bouncing of the limter , still got the bmw for some wand action and can arange a day out if there is enough pepole am sure blakket could arange some pics T:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I sponsor a guy called Sean Franklin at DWYB (below), he owns a 350BHP R33 Skyline GTST. He taught me how to drift it in a day. I eventually was able to do large circles in 2nd gear in both directions and put the handbrake up into a drift which is cool.

This guy picked up a cheap Sierra and ran it at one event. He was confident enough to stick his right leg out the window as he drifted! :eek: I can hear Jeremy Clarkson's words echoing in my ears "POWER!!!"

Shows you don't need to spend too much. Last week there was a guy in a blue 200SX Auto that he picked up on ebay for £150. I want a drift car now! Sadly don't have the space at the minute, but watch this space. T:

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
One of the lads in the British Superbikes used to do it a few years back when i knew him, don't know wether he still does.

He used to say it was great fun:)

Tra

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Made a little Video Clip to upload to youtube to show what I can do. What do you think?

You can see me as a passenger with a yellow tabard on in a couple of the clips. Pretty hairy ride I can tell ya! T:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
looking good ian might even sort the diff out on my bmw do some 7series drift bardge runs .LOL:
Hi Paul,

Cool, bring it up. We do get some pretty big motors winging their way round the drift arenas, not seen a 7 series yet but there is room...just! I:

I want a drift car now. A:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
my taxi lol few bits to sort first before it sees a track thats if i decide to slide it as not enough power realy for such big car and am lazy and cant be fooked to work hard lol

took the borbets of for the minute though needs them back on realy just aint driven it for so long worried about cerb clipping which would pain me if i did so .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts