VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is what they look like. It has a shower head, sink, clean and waste water at 20l each. Storage draws under the single cartridge burner wth a wind shield and legs - so they can be compact. I'm interested in whether anyone has heard of or used them? There's not much about them on the internet.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts

This is what they look like. It has a shower head, sink, clean and waste water at 20l each. Storage draws under the single cartridge burner wth a wind shield and legs - so they can be compact. I'm interested in whether anyone has heard of or used them? There's not much about them on the internet.
No ! Probably not a lot about them as they look !

·
Registered
6,163 Posts

Well there is a website and brochure ..................... what more do you need :*

As for looks I doubt they will have a queue, if you called or emailed them; but undoubtedly it will do a job of work in a compact unit T:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I quite like them! The legs fold in and the units both come off the base, so they are compact which was the primary aim. Either one of these or a buddy box wash buddy.

I know there's an online brochure and a contact sheet - I have actually exchanged e mails with their MD.

I was looking for independent reviews as they are often the best source, they are all the rage in France apparently.

Bonus for me being they aren't made of wood, there for they can stand outside. They are lightweight, they have a shower head facility, cartridge gas burner - found they work the best.

I also have a spare clip in buddy seat frame which I'm going to some how use to fix the unit, whichever one I decide on into the van.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
I quite like them! The legs fold in and the units both come off the base, so they are compact which was the primary aim. Either one of these or a buddy box wash buddy.

I know there's an online brochure and a contact sheet - I have actually exchanged e mails with their MD.

I was looking for independent reviews as they are often the best source, they are all the rage in France apparently.

Bonus for me being they aren't made of wood, there for they can stand outside. They are lightweight, they have a shower head facility, cartridge gas burner - found they work the best.
neebsta yes I agree, but remember like everything one mans opinion may not reflect that of another (i.e. you) :eek:

Why not be a leader, and not one of the many sheep ..................... and go for it ;)

Being a Multivan owner like yourself, an easy 'in and out' unit is the way to go T:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
neebsta yes I agree, but remember like everything one mans opinion may not reflect that of another (i.e. you) :eek:

Why not be a leader, and not one of the many sheep ..................... and go for it ;)

Being a Multivan owner like yourself, an easy 'in and out' unit is the way to go T:
Out of interest Scruffy, what do you use in your Multi? I have looked at and tried a few different options, none of which I have been fully happy with. I originally wanted a unit to fit behind just one seat as when we go away there's 4 of us, I just find having floor space behind one seat invaluable for the kids accessing in and out safely.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just fitted this to my Multi van wanted a sink unit but wanted to keep my original cool box could not find any thing suitable and had given up then I found this in Germany made for the t4 even uses the original seat bolts

I have still to finish it came with all electrics pipes fresh and waste water containers which go on the side behind the seat so you don,t
use up the cupboard space

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
I think they're a cracking idea if you are looking for a removable kitchen. This is something I'd consider as it would fit beneath the parcel shelf in my caravelle. I like the bed idea too. My only reservation would be the price. At £900-£1000 for the kitchen and £1100 for the bed, they seem expensive for what you are getting.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just fitted this to my Multi van wanted a sink unit but wanted to keep my original cool box could not find any thing suitable and had given up then I found this in Germany made for the t4 even uses the original seat bolts

I have still to finish it came with all electrics pipes fresh and waste water containers which go on the side behind the seat so you don,t
use up the cupboard space
Got to say I like that. How does it fasten using the buddy seat fastenings? Was this a one off or are there more available?

Cheers

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
neebsta ............... in answer to your question of yesterday. I used to use a 'mish mash' of portable items as I needed my Multi to be a van, an office and somewhere to sleep (we used to put on shows / events) ............. not all at the same time or on the same trip, so fixed items were NEVER really an option.

Managed to 'get by' for the last 17+ years, but like you always looking for the 'perfect' compromise :D

I think that unit will fit to the floor, as the six seater multivan has the cooler under the rear facing seat, but I'm sure Gord will confirm ;)

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,166 Posts
I think that Yatoo Kinoo unit looks pretty decent.

But £900? :eek: no, make that a double :eek::eek:
I have a feeling my entire run of units incuding the kitchen cost less then that!

The unit that Gord posted looks good, although being picky it could be improved by either added a fold-down shelf for the portable hob to rest on, or the sink cover is side-hinges to open up to form a surface for the hob. Then it would be spot on.

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,166 Posts
Hoovie how quickly can you remove them all ;)
About an hour T:

I actually designed it that the rear benchs are secured by two bolts each (into the original lashing ring holes) and the kitchen unit uses the single seat QR floor mounts with J bolts.
Rock solid but removable.

(Bet you were not expecting that answer ;) )

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I think that Yatoo Kinoo unit looks pretty decent.

But £900? :eek: no, make that a double :eek::eek:
I have a feeling my entire run of units incuding the kitchen cost less then that!

The unit that Gord posted looks good, although being picky it could be improved by either added a fold-down shelf for the portable hob to rest on, or the sink cover is side-hinges to open up to form a surface for the hob. Then it would be spot on.
Anything Campervan related seems to attract a premium price.

The Yatoo Kinoo unit is approx €1,100 which includes both units and stand etc - in fact everything in the picture. I bought a while ago a spare buddy seat to use parts off to refresh my existing buddy seats - with the eventual plan of using the base to clip in and out securely a kitchen unit of some sort. Just can't quite find the ideal unit.

Another unit I was looking at was the Vanessa Mobilcamping Oslo unit which was working out at £1,600 plus shipping :eek::eek:

I have tried a few places to build something bespoke, nobody really seems up for taking it on. There's literally nothing that ticks the majority of the boxes at the moment.

Gords is about the best Multivan unit I have seen, but I quite fancy something made from something more weather proof and lighter than wood/mdf or ply.

It is the great Multivan conundrum - for me anyway.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
About an hour T:

I actually designed it that the rear benchs are secured by two bolts each (into the original lashing ring holes) and the kitchen unit uses the single seat QR floor mounts with J bolts.
Rock solid but removable.

(Bet you were not expecting that answer ;) )
Hoovie I know how you work, so was actually expecting 45mins .............. but an hour would work for me Rasp:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As I said mine too for over 17 years ............... so I REALLY do know what you mean ;)

I also contemplated using a back to back seat frame ........................ but never did :(
Yeah I'm keen to see how it works out, I'm sure somebody else has probably used this method for fixing in a unit, but I haven't found one yet. Though I haven't looked too hard either.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

This was an alternative I was looking at - the buddy box wash buddy. Basically a wash basin (the red one in the picture with the lid up and mirror showing) with the lid dropped you have a flat teak wood lid that you can put a burner on. We always have a separate table and Cobb bbq. I contacted them a while ago, but still haven't had a response. So based on their poor response time I have almost ruled it out completely. They are quite a tidy compact unit though at 75cm X 40cm X 40cm.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Got to say I like that. How does it fasten using the buddy seat fastenings? Was this a one off or are there more available?

Cheers
Hi It fastens using the seat bolts so not so good if you like putting in awning etc but easy enough to remove. Its from Zillka mobile in Germany . It came as a Kit with no instructions so a bit a job working it all out but I got there and its a great bit of Kit. They don,t
post to UK and don,t speak English so all dealings through Google translate so I had to use Border link and set up a German address which took a while but it got here eventually. it cost approx £550 it suites my needs I i did not use the seat it replaced T:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts