VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes we have measured it and it should just about fit, will 100% use covers and maybe a sheet of something to belt and brace it.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
[/QUOTE]

I fitted an extreme vans kit with 110ah low height battery to a friends van, try as I might I just could not get the battery to fit under the drivers seat with what I considered to be a reasonable safety margin around the battery terminals.
Look at the setup in the pic and you will see the proximity of the terminals (covered or not) to the slider mechanism under the seat.
I moved my friends battery to a side cupboard in the rear.
I'm not saying the one above is wrong, it's just I couldn't bring myself to do it for a friends van.
Extreme vans kit was excellent I might add. T:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of the cable run from inside the can to out side ? I can't quite see where you run the cable in these pictures.

cheers

Andy

·
Registered
34 Posts
They don't run outside, it's all inside the van.

I just ordered your Battery and Split charger kit, so I guess there will be a guide in there. I understand they run from under the Bonnet (out side the cab is want I was trying to say badly) just wanted to see another install to start getting my head around the job.

Best
Andy

21 - 25 of 25 Posts