VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1531 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My pride and joy (Other than my T4 of course) is my
Harris Magnum 4 running a GSXR1216 motor !

Jimbos Harris

Also got a 1200 Bandit which I have owned for ever & most recently a CCM640 Supermoto (This is supposed to be in place of my Trusty old XR600R/SM but not got round to selling yet) .... and yes Stubee, I occasionally use the Visordown SM section.

Other than that, got me a Monkey Bike which is wicked fun, which can be seen attached to the back of my Van most sumer events.

Does anyone out there go the IOM TT Races ??? We been going out there on and off for the last 15 years !

Any T4 owners living in the IOM drop me a pm as I would luv to hear from you.

Jimbo

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well into bikes, this is my daily transport Honda Transalp 650, winter and summer, which is good as the T4 gets saved from Britain's saltly roads.

I also own this, a 1972 Honda CB250K4 with a genuine 25k miles on it. Bought new by my grandad, then owned by my father and now me.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
i love bikes

i like bikes i many forms

then my ktm 450 exc. beast

and road bikes, had a fzr1000exup as my first road bike.
then an R1-loved that.
this is me um loving it

then rode this for a while,nice bike just not enough grunt only a 750.

but more into these bikes now.

·
Premium Member
10,679 Posts
This one is...19 months old and loves the old AJS...calls it a "Buddabike"...still....some time off till he can ride...i'll just have to look after the bikes side of things for him till then :D

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Oh yes

Me
TZR 250 2-smoke
600 AJS cafe racer (1968 I think)

Spez Allez road bike
Giant Carbon hardtail XC bike:cool:

Us
Dawes tandem

Her
Spez Sirus road bike
Spez D4W stumpjumper trail bike

So yeh we like bikes

I've also owned:
KX 125 & 250 motoX bikes
and a Yam YZF 450F which I converted to road :Duse before selling it to bank role the dennis' conversion.

·
Registered
776 Posts
oh yes !!
500 miles a week on my cbr 600 commuting from just outside newquay to plymouth.
Its fantastic, good mix of single and dual roads, about an hour each way taking it easy.
done 73k on it now without a splutter ( probably blow up tonight on the way home lol ).
recently back into biking after a long break, had an rs 125 aprillia for a while, only tiny but lovely handling.
http://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2005/04/13/bikepics-330783-full.jpg
V-force reed block, 34mm carb, cmp panel filter, race cdi Jim Lomas pipe.
and of course old faithful
http://bikepics.com/pictures/390512/

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Phil
Nice one - I had a good dice with a guy on a RS250 Aprillia - Even though my Harris has over 1000cc and probably 130bhp more, there is no way in the World I could shake him off round the twisties - and I couldn't get a good enough run out the corners to pull away down the straights....
Just goes to prove, its not what ya got - its what ya can do with it eh !

Oh yes, my solution to the above was bolting Nitrous on - won't make it go round cornes any faster - but who cares :D

·
Registered
776 Posts
Hi Jim,

at the end of the day there is no substitute for horsepower.
Its nice riding round the outside of someone through the twisties but I must admit to getting a deeper satisfaction from mauling the odd GTI / RS / STI on the straights with the CBR :D

Talking about the Aprillia, my missus is really kean on doing her DAS next year now that the kids are at school and we both decided that an RS 250 would be the way to go as she wouldnt be riding everyday and I know my way around stinkwheels ( of course, I have no intentions of taking it on a track day..........;)).
The Harris looks good by the way, very good, but a bit too much bike for me at the moment, it must be satisfying building something unique from the frame up and getting it rideable, setting up the Aprillia was tricky enough as a novice.

P

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi all,

I'm new round these parts but VERY into bikes .... In fact, I've bought my T4 to transport me and my race bike to the track!

I race an Aprilia RS250 (heavily modified - running 50:50 Avgas:Super unleaded, plus some extra, secret mods) ... If I could work out how to sick pic's on here, I would! .... I love the Aprilia ... And, love taking it on track days too, it's ace seeing everyone there with their '07 RRRR (or however many R's they are upto these days) .... They all pooh-pooh your smelly 2-stroke until the end of the 1st session when you've out braked and ridden round the outside of everyone, then they all want to come and have a chat ... hehe! ... I love it!

I also have a K2 GSXR750 for the road ... Have had many other road bikes in the past and genuinely think the GSXR750 is the best super-sports 'road' bike out there.

I hope to go watch the IOM next year .... And if anyone facies coming to see some racing next summer, I race with these guys (www.derbyphoenix.co.uk)

Rich

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alfiedub - Nice one matey, you of all people will know how much work goes into Specials and Chops etc Although I am more Streetfighter "style" than chop, I totally respect what you have done - Good one.

I used to do all the Bike Shows R&B, Bulldog, Kent Custom etc - made a lot of friends in those circles ...

Do you know the guys at the Trike Shop in Dunstable (Going back a few years now)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Are you taking about the one Boots used to own... i havent spoken with them for years... Think Chris took it over when boots went to Ireland... Spent some time with the NCC years ago... but out of the scene now... still get to a few shows up and down the country

·
Registered
20 Posts
Im not really into my bikes as I cant ride, and had a bit of an accident on one when I was 16 (well on a 50 lol)
I do however have a 1982/3 suzuki GS250 Sat unused with 19k on the clock in excelent condition, that I inherited from my step dad.
Any ideas what it's worth? Anyone want it?
It needs a MOT & Tax but it should fly through - it has a brand new battery with it.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Oh yes!
Had XJR1300s for the last few years but treated myself to this baby a few weeks ago. Done 2500 miles already and I am loving it. Nicest bike I have ever ridden, and I have ridden plenty!

IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a42/upspex/Mivvi/P1010153.jpg[/IMG]

1 - 20 of 1531 Posts