VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1551 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
after nine years of talking about it i finnally took my das and swapped my old cx500 trike for 2 kwaks , flogged the 750 and kept the 550 but needs a bit of tlc ready for next year. will post pics when i can figure out how to lol

·
Registered
10,598 Posts
Surprised a few people with just how quick you can hustle a big boat like the XJR through the hairpin and chicane at Mallory. Forget gerrards though!

·
Registered
62 Posts

Me up until 2 months ago, with 6 years under my belt, getting through this winter without a bike and with luck next year re-stocking with a war dated and maybe another sports bike, we'll see..

·
Registered
127 Posts
heres a couple of pictures of my longtrack bikes in action
new bike complete jawa 500cc

old bike nutrak frame with jawa 500cc engine

also have a honda hornet 600 on the road (will get some pics up soon) which with any luck will be changed in the next couple of months for a yamaha wr450
and a mini motor cross bike (thumpstar) just for playing on

·
Registered
289 Posts

my old bus at cadwell last year now gone, spent way too much money doing track days last year

my big red pig,LOL:LOL:LOL: makes me like that every time i go for ride,

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hi . Jimbo .
That looks one double hard street fighter and extra loud exhaust.
was it all built by your own hands.

I have owned a few bikes now started with a home built hardtail chop made from a yam xs650 took me about a year.
Then sold it for a sports bike .
From gixers milly and r1 and finally i have a zx636 that i turned into my trackbike .
Also being a famliy man i never found the time to ride it on the road.
But it looks like im going to have to sell her or the t4 .
So the bike will be on ebay soon. family commitments and lack of use.
which is a shame i love track riding and i will miss it.

cadwell park

now with full race fairing done in marmite red you either love it or hate it ( but green did not match my leathers sad i know )

by the way ROSSI is still god ...

cheers .Lee.

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hi Lee

Yep, every last nut and bolt - its a bit of a bone of contention with Specials - far too many Cheque book bikes winning shows that have never been ridden or had a spanner turned by the owner.

Anyway - a very brief insight to the last 13years here if your interested JIMBOS HARRIS

Dude - hang in there with the track racing thing - if you get half the buzz I get from blasting up the srtip, you won't be the same person without it....

Jimbo

·
Premium Member
10,679 Posts
Well both my ZX9R and KDX200 were nicked so i've been off two wheels for about a year now. But all that's about to change :). I've just bought this:

:GL:GL:GL:GL:GL:GL:GL

On the bright side it is a bike and bikes is bikes so i'm not too worried. Had to get another bike cos i've just changed my work location so will be cracking into central london everyday and we all know that a machine like this is perfect.

And to top it off the bikes only got 13000 genuine miles (it was my dads) so it should be good for at least another 237000!!:D

·
Premium Member
10,679 Posts
Ferret - Is that an old GT ??? Must be a classic by now :ILU:
Re your KDX, how did you find it, was toying with one of them myself for a bit of light Green Lanes

Motomad - got a matching set there dude, all looking good
That is indeed my dads old GT on which he used to commute occasionally and which has been garaged for the last 10ish years only coming out of the garage for it's annual MOT...weird - my dad, kept it taxed and MOT'd for ten years or so and never used the bloomin thing. It is EYEmaculayte!!!

KDX - wonderful...ended up being my favourite out of the two bikes and was more gutted to lose that one than the Ninja. Long travel upside downies and very very boingy at the back, nice high riding position and basically a proper trailie...quick too...lean back or hunch down and you can really get flying along...short gearing though so you end up with a massive shin muscle but clutchless changes are the only way to go with it. Excelent off-road capability but just a short tank range is all that lets it down.
Get the auto-lube version, saves a whole lot of wet and drying the barrel when you seize it. Done that too many times on other strokers.

Great bike...and you never worry about dropping it cos you just pick it up again and off you go. But if you're looking at serious green-laning i'd probably say go for a four stroke thumper like a DR or something similar - even a supermoto...you've really got to work at a 2 stroke and keep a really good reign on your gearing cos it's so short. :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Suzuki 250 x7 remember them.....Bought mine earlyer this year,and after owning over 70 bikes in the last 30 years.
It,s one of the best bikes i,ve ever owned,already done 2000mls on it.H:
what is the connection between vw,s and motorcycles,because most of the people i have met are into both.

·
Registered
776 Posts
what is the connection between vw,s and motorcycles,because most of the people i have met are into both.
Its toys I think,
it is for me anyway, and the community thing, probably the only two types of vehicle that you could breakdown on / in and a fellow rider / v-dub ownwer is guaranteed to stop and help out.

I love it.

X7 stinkwheel hmm, I remember them well, got microns on it or allspeeds ?

P

·
Registered
156 Posts
Heres a list of wot i've had over the last couple of years
ZX750 Turbo featured in streetfighters years ago
ZRX110
ZX7R
TL1000S still miss itH:H:H:
Aprillia falco
XJR 1300
2x Bandit 12's
Blackbird
Streetfightered Blade
LC350:)
Honda Varadero (Dont shoot me only had it for a month)
CB1300
And me present ride a new Fazer thou

21 - 40 of 1551 Posts