VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1551 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Wayne - Nice selection to your CV there.

Is that a Spondon I sp there ?

and luv the Quad - what motor is it ? Something I have been tempted with, something if a load of mates got them I would have one like a shot - but maybe not so much fun on your own ...

Jimbo

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wayne - Nice selection to your CV there.

Is that a Spondon I sp there ?

and luv the Quad - what motor is it ? Something I have been tempted with, something if a load of mates got them I would have one like a shot - but maybe not so much fun on your own ...

Jimbo
Yes Jimbo a spondon it is.It's the only bike i regret selling(kinda regret breaking the blue bandit too).
Didn't have the patience to finish it and have wished ever since that i kept it.

As far as the quad goes excellent fun. That was a trx 450 (05 model) with all the goodies and was awesome.
I thought it would just be like riding a bike and be easy but its the most tiring thing i have ever done.Scared the living daylights out of myself a few times on it
None of my mates had them either though and i'm far too fat and unfit to race to sold it on.

Reckon a new Aprillia 550 supermoto would be the only bike to tempt me back though

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Wayne A: top man - I so know where your comming from matey LOL:

I have an R30 CCM 640 for short blasts - the most uncomfortable thing ever in a straight line, but round the tristies its unbeatable.

If you had the Spondon, you must know a few people in the OldSkoolSuzuki scene ?

Dude - if you get a chance to get another - do it, bikes like Spondon and Harris are the true Hot Rods of the Biking world :ILU:

I luv mine to bits, sure its not got top end of a Gixer Thou, but it would kick its :c off the lights - which, lets face it - is where it counts after all eh

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wayne A: top man - I so know where your comming from matey LOL:

I have an R30 CCM 640 for short blasts - the most uncomfortable thing ever in a straight line, but round the tristies its unbeatable.

If you had the Spondon, you must know a few people in the OldSkoolSuzuki scene ?

Dude - if you get a chance to get another - do it, bikes like Spondon and Harris are the true Hot Rods of the Biking world :ILU:

I luv mine to bits, sure its not got top end of a Gixer Thou, but it would kick its :c off the lights - which, lets face it - is where it counts after all eh
Yeah mate i was on Oldskool but kept myself to myself really.Sold the spondon to Rotty from Oldskool too.It's been featured now.Not the colour i would have done it but everyones got different taste.

I raced supermoto a few times up here in scotland and loved it so reckon that might be the way to go for me again but the Aprillia on the road sounds good fun or maybe a KTM duke

·
Registered
71 Posts
Use to have bikes, had a corona coloured tl100r, zx7r and a bandit 1200. Rode them like I stole them, was a right ***!!! couldn't help it.
zx7 was the best out of the bunch.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
I raced supermoto a few times up here in scotland and loved it so reckon that might be the way to go for me again but the Aprillia on the road sounds good fun or maybe a KTM duke[/QUOTE]
mmmm ktm duke, now your talking.

·
vwconnections.co.uk
1,076 Posts
You do mean the ktm super duke R

Ive been up to JD racing 3 times now to look at one.
Three times i got this really evil look :mad:

Next time the wife stays at home H:

Maybe next year.

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've been doing the 2-wheel thang for over 30yrs now but about XX yrs ago, I managed to acquire a family and noe do the 3/5-wheel bit too.

Sounds like a Lancaster coming down your street too.

JB

·
Registered
56 Posts
Certainly is. A Well tuned 1000 lump from an early Spada. Big carbs, lumpy cam, 'free-flowing' pipes etc... Built it about 8 yrs ago. A real hoot with all 5 of us on there and towing the trailer.;);)

JB

·
Registered
206 Posts
Anyone watching the moto gp today ?

Rossi came off in qualifying and hurt his wrist, bike was a real mess.:eek:

Last round today and next year brit James Toseland joins from winning the WSB (mmmmmm)
:D

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
I've always been into bikes.:)

From FS1E's and SS50's in the mid 70's whilst still at school and the odd honda step thru stripped of all the unecessary plastic bits and thrashed to destruction in the local quarry, through a succession of 250 and then 125 learner machines until I finally had a break from bikes for about 14 years.(married, mortgage, kids, etc. etc. etc.)I:

Passed my direct access in 2000 and went straight out and got myself a new R6, which I used for travelling to work and the odd track day.

I ended up using it purely for track days but riding to and from them so it was still in standard road trim.
I eventually sold the R6 in 2002 and with the proceeds bought a Honda VFR400, a honda CRM250 and a little Italjet field bike for my son.

The idea being that I would start doing hare and hound events and rallies on the CRM and build the VFR into a pure track bike.
I started doing off road events and loved them so much that the VFR never got looked at, and I eventually traded the VFR and CRM in against a new KTM 450 EXC enduro bike.

My level of riding improved so much when I got the KTM that I was doing loads of off road competitions and improving noticeably, Even several broken bones didn't put me off.

However torn knee ligaments in the Welsh 2 day in 2005 and then various family problems mothballed my motorcycling until this summer.

I had bought a Honda RVF400 NC35 track bike unseen off ebay in May 2005 for a very good price, which had sat in the garage untouched until this June, when i finally got my act together and got it sorted.

It now has:-

Race wiring loom and total loss ignition
Ohlins rear shock and steering damper
EBC race brake discs, CBR rr calipers and Hel braided hoses
Harris clip ons
SES race rearsets
Mercury twin stack full system
R6 fuel pump
BMC Racing ram air induction
DID 520 racing chain
Quick action throttle

A lot of the conversion work such as the ram air mod, race wiring loom, R6 fuel pump etc. has been done by BMC racing in Whitchurch who know these engines inside out, and it has been fully set up on their dyno.

I have now done several track days on it and it is absolutely brilliant, the brakes and handling are absolutely ubelievable and make the R6 seem decidedly average in comparison.:eek:

I am also hoping to get back into the off road Comps in the new year but will have to build up slowly as my fitness is now pretty poor for these events, and will probably be sat at the side of the track gasping for breath after the first 30 mins:)

Me and a couple of mates who are also pretty handy on off road bikes and have also had a break from comps for a couple of years have said that they are keen to get back into it as well but just for a bit of fun, thats ok until your on the start line being counted down to your off and then the old red mist decends and all the best sensible intentions go out the windowI:

Roll on next yearH: I can't wait:D:D

http://i53.photobucket

[IMG]http://i53.photobucket

[IMG]http://i53.photobucket

Les.

41 - 60 of 1551 Posts