VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1521 - 1540 of 1551 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
There's only the T likely to let you down, that said the gen 1 is a cracking bike. I had the gen 2 black dream, wish I'd kept it .

Is your VW a camper?

·
Registered
5 Posts
There's only the T likely to let you down, that said the gen 1 is a cracking bike. I had the gen 2 black dream, wish I'd kept it .

Is your VW a camper?

No it's a 2006 Caravelle 8 seater, it was previously used to carry disabled kids to school but I took the seats out to use as a work van. It came with a detachable wheelchair/motorbike ramp.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok, I'm near here... I've a few bikes, Still working out how to post pics.

- 07 cbr100rr (no ABS, Traction or wheelie control) up rated front brakes, hrc throttle, ohlins rear shock... < may track or sell this soon.

- Ducati 998 (S) with tuned motor, full ohlins.

- R6 02 < going to the track this year, (I have another pre-injection R6 race bike) might make one proper track day toy with spares, or sell them both later this year.

- KTM450 factory exc, (being using off road recently) but have full supermoto set up too.

Previous bikes that I can remember.

Ar50, NSR125, TZR 250, RGV250, VFR400, R6, KX250, Modified YPVS 350, carb R1, Fireblade carb, < stopped riding for 10+ years and raced cars, only got back into bikes in the last 2 years, and have had a bit of track tuition, will be spending more time on track than road this year.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry should have proof read, seems there is no edit or delete post function? "New here", "have been using it off road recently"...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok, I'm near here... I've a few bikes, Still working out how to post pics.

- 07 cbr100rr (no ABS, Traction or wheelie control) up rated front brakes, hrc throttle, ohlins rear shock... < may track or sell this soon.

- Ducati 998 (S) with tuned motor, full ohlins.

- R6 02 < going to the track this year, (I have another pre-injection R6 race bike) might make one proper track day toy with spares, or sell them both later this year.

- KTM450 factory exc, (being using off road recently) but have full supermoto set up too.

Previous bikes that I can remember.

Ar50, NSR125, TZR 250, RGV250, VFR400, R6, KX250, Modified YPVS 350, carb R1, Fireblade carb, < stopped riding for 10+ years and raced cars, only got back into bikes in the last 2 years, and have had a bit of track tuition, will be spending more time on track than road this year.
What a nice collection of bikes you have. I even envy you a little ;) I own Ducatti 996, which is obviously and older than your 998 model, but I really can't see any significant difference. I haven't upgraded it since I bought it, but after reading your post I'm thinking to fix this. Currently, I'm reading https://yourmotobro.com/ and planning to get some new gizmos for my bike because why not.
I also own a cheap electric Onyx bike, using it mostly as my main city transport because it's quiet and cheaper to maintain.

·
Registered
8 Posts
XJ6 Diversion F
Was my daily commuter in London until we moved back up north, now mostly been sitting outside looking sad and ignored :(

Pic was taken the day I brought it back up to Edinburgh, in cross-country roadtrip trim.

·
Super Moderator
5,356 Posts
Wife has always been anti them and the crash didn’t help which is why it’s been so long since getting back on one. First ride out was like I had never had a break from it

·
Registered
772 Posts
I gave up bikes as wife was so worried every time i left house lol

Gave it up and bought golf clubs, not quite the same buzz lol.

1521 - 1540 of 1551 Posts