VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it says

Is there anyhing to look out for??

Has anybody owned a C270 CDI Tiptronic??

Any info appriciated

T:T:

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
Not half as good as the cars that preceded it,plagued with electrical faults and poor quality ride and build quality has slipped somewhat compared to earlier models.Better than the bmw 330d but not as good as the audi a4 2.7tdi.
Best thing is it will not depreciate as fast as its lesser equivalants

God i sound like Jeremy Clarkson

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
engines bad for caking up inside and you cant remove the injectors due to this black gunge that sets like cement
And if that does happen then mercedes will replace the engine rather than repair the faulty injector seals and remove the built up carbon and your talking thousands for that to be done.

However you can chissel the carbon away and pull the injectors and fit new sealing washers but its a long tedious and dirty job that i absolutely hate doing:(

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
However you can chissel the carbon away and pull the injectors and fit new sealing washers but its a long tedious and dirty job that i absolutely hate doing:(
Me too...

How old is this C-Class? The later ones are far better after Merc saw the error of their ways...

Looking at CLK's myself, now the Wife's car has been trashed...

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
And if that does happen then mercedes will replace the engine rather than repair the faulty injector seals and remove the built up carbon and your talking thousands for that to be done.

me too,a simple knackered injector turns into a nightmare,i have tried the power washer on red hot and all sorts of dissolving agents trying to shift it

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
Reading all this Jon it sounds like one to avoid, stick with your pushbike. T:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts