VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I bought the metal last week but haven't had time to start yet.
Oh and mine aren't going to be stainless I want them the same colour as my alloys.

·
Registered
11,549 Posts
i made mine from steel tube but now im after some stainless tube to make a shorter version if anybody knows where i could get some from that would be cool :ILU::ILU::cool:

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
I think hubby might have a go at making me some out of steel, because i want black ones, trouble is now all metals are demanding high prices, hence the price of sidebars.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
i made mine from steel tube but now im after some stainless tube to make a shorter version if anybody knows where i could get some from that would be cool :ILU::ILU::cool:
Look in your local yellow pages for steel stockholders mate they are the cheapest for new metal.

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
personally chris, i think stainless bling would look nicer on your blue van, bargain find would be interested to see if anyone has purchased them.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I think hubby might have a go at making me some out of steel, because i want black ones, trouble is now all metals are demanding high prices, hence the price of sidebars.
I got 7 meters of 4"X 1.5mm tube, 7 meters of 1 1/4" x3mm tube and 4 sqft of 5mm plate for £50 from Lancaster & Winter steel stockholders Bradford.
If I had doubled the 4" I would have enough to make 3 sets and still have plate and 1 1/4 tube left cost about £70.
Ps: No I won't have time and the spare metal will be used on other projects, what are you guys like. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts