VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Hey up guys and girls.

Seriously thinking about buying one. Nothing more than a 250-300cc one and many because I can. How do you find them for general use and sheer playability?T:

http://www.thequadstore.net/product_info.php?products_id=112
Yes mate, me..... have raced many over the years but now wanted something just as a jolly so went for an Apache RLX 320 Sport

Scooby designed cvt 280cc and lots of fun but don't get out on it as much as I'd like

Put the name of my quad in internet search and pick the slovenian street quad video

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hi there, I've had Can Am Outlanders in the past with Rotax 800 V Twins and they are great fun and keep up with the traffic no problems T: Now have a Can Am Commander with a 1000 Rotax.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep had a couple of those, have to agree but I think he wants a road one and those Jap ones with lights have no road manners at all
Ok mate well I'll look that up mate. I'll mainly be using it for road only really. Been looking at the venom models. Find some really cheap distributors as well. It's only a 250cc model but it hits 65mph so it'll do for roads and motorways. I could get a set of mud tyres set up on some rims but that would be an after thought.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Got a couple of mates I go green laning with, they have yamaha raptors 700 which I find hard work compared to my drz 400 e dirt bike. Also been on a banshee 200cc auto which is a lot more fun and easy to handle but a bit under powered. I would suggest 2 wheels a lot cheaper and more useable.

·
Registered
11,550 Posts
Me and my brother had the ram 250 about 8 years ago and never had a problem with them the only thing I didn't like was the thumb throttle so I changed it myself for a set of renthals and a twist shot throttle we always used to get pulled by the law but they were new on the road so they used to look them over T:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Me and my brother had the ram 250 about 8 years ago and never had a problem with them the only thing I didn't like was the thumb throttle so I changed it myself for a set of renthals and a twist shot throttle we always used to get pulled by the law but they were new on the road so they used to look them over T:
Agreed mate, they mainly come with twist grip throttles newer days.

·
Registered
11,550 Posts
Agreed mate, they mainly come with twist grip throttles newer days.
I thought they would and what great fun mate on and of road the only thing is they can be pushed to far and night you in the @ss lol as I found out trying out my tricks once or twice I:
However I would have another one tommorow

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha oh I know that feeling. Luckily, I'm trained on them (for work) so I'm pretty confident, but not stupid either. I'll be back in the UK in the start of summer so I'll reap the rewards of seven months away by having the Summer sun to play on it (fingers crossed).
The link in my first post is the cheapest I've found mate. Only £1339. Cheap as chips

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got a couple of mates I go green laning with, they have yamaha raptors 700 which I find hard work compared to my drz 400 e dirt bike. Also been on a banshee 200cc auto which is a lot more fun and easy to handle but a bit under powered. I would suggest 2 wheels a lot cheaper and more useable.
Cheaper no not bower days and well yes it maybe more usable but I haven't got a bike license hence the interest in the quad buddy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, My advice would be to go for a honda trx400 or suzuki ltz400. Steer away from cheap chinese copies as these are not very well built. I had a ram250 years ago and was bored of it within a few weeks. Japanese quads are bullit proof and well worth the bit extra money. I would consider a minimum of a 400cc or you will get bored. Kawasaki do a nice kfx700 which is an auto and seriously quick.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Agreed. I've got time to research so i think I'll do just that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts