VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ive just had some old dakar wheels bead blasted and re sprayed in black, to me there looking pretty moody which i like, but the inner wheel covers are shot and i,m having problems locating some new shiney ones ! can anybody help? the oringinal part number is... 7L6 601 149 b ive tryed my local vw van center in high wycombe but they dont seem to think they are avalible ! ive tryed looking on flea bay but sadly all seem to be a little small. they measure approx 70mm across the front and 62 mm across the back of the clips ! does any body know of any covers that might replace these? i could just get new stickers to go over the top but most of the clips are snapped off so was really looking to replace the whole thing!

many thanks for you time if you can help!

:ILU:

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
I had to read that twice.....To me "dakar wheels" are what I take in a spares kit to Africa when I'm racing!H:

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi,i've just got a set from my local VW dealer in newark nottinghamshire.they are called Heron and although they cost me £40 it was money well spent.why do the old ones get trashed so easy?regards Ant.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi,i've just got a set from my local VW dealer in newark nottinghamshire.they are called Heron and although they cost me £40 it was money well spent.why do the old ones get trashed so easy?regards Ant.

Brilliant !! i,ll get on the case !
many thanks for your knowledge
:D

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Can you boys let me know where you got the Dakar wheels from and how much you paid for them?

I am looking for some wheels for my T5 and like these.

Thanks Rob

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a thought Ant !
i dont supose you could give me the vw part number off one of one of them please or your recipt just so ive got more chance of the counter clerk knowing what i,m on about !

many thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you boys let me know where you got the Dakar wheels from and how much you paid for them?

I am looking for some wheels for my T5 and like these.

Thanks Rob
Hey Rob it took me 6 months to track a set down for a reasonable price! i paid little over 150 for a set of 4 in prettty much mint condition with 2 decent tyres!
I got them from some gutted guy in Warick who put them on e bay but only listed them as 8J 235 50 18's if hey had put them as 'vw darkar's' or vw alloys i reckon the bidding would have easily reached 5/600 mark as most of the other wheels do! So my guess search e-bay carefully ;)

cheers

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hope these part numbers help, when the parts guys put the 9 digit numbers in and there are multiple colour combinations, computer says no!!!
7L6 601 149 B Wheel cap came in 2 colour combination;
7L6 601 149 B QLD Satin silver metallic
7L6 601 149 B RVZ Black
Both have now been dropped and replaced with
7L6 601 149 B RVC Black/Anthracite metallic
They are 70mm in size if you can find any on the ‘bay.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hope these part numbers help, when the parts guys put the 9 digit numbers in and there are multiple colour combinations, computer says no!!!
7L6 601 149 B RVZ Black
thats brilliant !! shall give it a whirl!

many thanks !

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
7L6 601 149 B RVZ Black
ordered some today! A: Gave up with city gate at hight wycombe and used another vw parts place , little bit more expensive but delivered to the door ! !

great help cheers folks Wheels are on and looking moody! Ready for a weeks surfing next week north devon way! :ILU:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts