VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... what wheel Bolts have you used.

I bought some new tapered tuner bolts but when ive taken them out theres not much going into the hub.

Have you gone for longer ones and if so what length.

been emailing the company i bought em from and they said they can supply longer ones, what length do i need???

Cheers, Nick

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I thought they were 35mm but ive just measured one and its about 30mm :eek:

Yup spigot rings in
Thanks!
I've got merc SLR wheels anyway with 35mm bolts and spigot rings...

But will order some new spigot rings off eBay anyway and bin the old ones :)

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
They have radius holes like standard VW. Prob why yuo have the knocking. Use your VW bolts.

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hello mate,never owned a set of pentas,so you can help me here...

Why are you using tuner bolts,surely years ago a merc would of used standard 12mm bolts with normal bolt heads?

Si
If you saw any of my threads, ive just had major issues with locking wheel nuts. Ive had tuner bolts on other cars where the bolt holes werent wide enough to get a socket in and ive always liked em. Theyre the star shaped ones. For me it was a case of, i dont want locking nuts but i also dont want anyone with a socket to be able to get em off so at least with these they would have to have checked em out first to know what tool to bring. If that makes sense

They have radius holes like standard VW. Prob why yuo have the knocking. Use your VW bolts.
Are you certain its a radius? When i drilled em out it looked like a taper. Ill have to double check and if your right, go back to the standard bolts. Theyre a pain cos the holes are so deep its hard to see.

Cheers, Nick

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
If you saw any of my threads, ive just had major issues with locking wheel nuts. Ive had tuner bolts on other cars where the bolt holes werent wide enough to get a socket in and ive always liked em. Theyre the star shaped ones. For me it was a case of, i dont want locking nuts but i also dont want anyone with a socket to be able to get em off so at least with these they would have to have checked em out first to know what tool to bring. If that makes sense

Are you certain its a radius? When i drilled em out it looked like a taper. Ill have to double check and if your right, go back to the standard bolts. Theyre a pain cos the holes are so deep its hard to see.

Cheers, Nick
i would also say they would be radius seat as these wheels are from very old car...cant see them of having alloy wheel bolts back them...pretty much was all steel bolts..T:

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
I run standard bolts on mine. No problems............Done a good few thousand motorway miles in the last year as well with no knocks etc.
I knocked a collar out of a set of Merc rims before and that was radius too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts